Damn Weasels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't we have 2 plugs per cylinder? Could it be that there was no code because 1 spark was enough to keep all the readings in range? Now if it was both plugs on 1 I would expect a code.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Well there are 16 plugs, but there are only 8 coils and 8 wires going to those coils. Each coil sits on one plug and then has a little wire that goes off to the other plug. I can't really tell from the pics which wires these are. If it was one of the "main" wires then it makes no sense that the truck is still running right, but if it was one of the little jumpers from the coil to the 2nd plug I could see that. We need one of the techs on here to weigh in on the matter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So got the new wires on. Engine is definitely smoother but there is some ticking. So I ask you, how much ticking is normal?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine looked like that when I installed the bumper and 10 d2s. Didn't have time to make it pretty. I also cut corners and used a scotchlock to connect the pass thru wire and it couldn't handle the load. Had to solder it when we stopped on the trail.

Let me get this straight. You used a crimping tool in the garage, but you just happened to have a soldering iron out on the trail.:think:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You used a crimping tool in the garage, but you just happened to have a soldering iron out on the trail.:think:

Hahaha. Yes this is true. I had no time and a whole lot of shit to install. They hadn't failed me yet so I used it until I would have more time to tidy things up.

As my dad says, if you don't have the time to do it right the first time then you don't have the time to do it a second time.