Input wanted: fiberglass and Line-x. Lots of Line-x.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AH424

AH424

Reaction score
The only thing I would be concerned about would be resale of the truck and if you'll ever recover the cost of the line-x, but that's just me.

If you do it, be sure to post lots of pictures though! I'm really interested to see how that will turn out.

Don't worry, once I get started I will be sure to post pictures throughout the process!

And the resale is definitely something I have considered. I think it would be extremely hard to find the right buyer for something like this a few years from now, but I honestly don't see myself selling the truck anytime soon (I'm pretty attached) and once I go through the process of the Line-x I think I will have an even harder time parting with her.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Theres a guy that comes out camping and froadin with us and his raptor is line-xd. I believe he owns a line x shop. Trucks looks badass. Let me get you his info as I do not believe he is a forum member.

Additionally my buddy has had 2 trucks done with rhino liner which is softer than line x and his has held up to years of abuse and sunlight.
I think youre going to be solid tho!

Thanks for the input! I would love his contact information- maybe I could shoot him an email and get his input in case he has anything else for me to consider.

I kind of ruled out rhino liner because it is a softer product and I have heard abuse can take out small chunks, which is no problem in the bed but aesthetically might look funny on the body. If you know people who have had good experiences with it though I might reconsider and try to find someone near me willing to give me a price quote.

I haven't been able to find anyone with much experience applying rhino liner on body panels, just paint shops saying "we've never done it before but we could probably give it a shot" which doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have blue color matched LineX platinum in the bed of my 2013 flame blue SCAB and I love the color but it marks more easily that I expected. I don't really use the truck as a work truck but I haul things at times and the surface of the lineX clear coat seems fragile to me. I haven't let it worry me but I think the regular LineX might have been more robust.

I agree.

OP
OP
AH424

AH424

Reaction score
Are you going to do black line-x or are you thinking of a different color? Wonder if they could do some type of graphic with different colors of line-x, that might look cool.

I am leaning toward black Line-x. I worry that its already going to be a bit of an attention ***** and doing a color might make it a little too ostentatious for me (not that a raptor is exactly discrete).

I originally wanted to go white because I have always loved the Oxford white raptors but my biggest concern with that would be yellowing. I have heard it isn't a problem, but if for some reason my truck slowly started to turn yellow I wouldn't be a happy camper.

And I love the idea of a bedside graphic- definitely a great suggestion. I talked to the Line-x dealer I will be using and he said its possible, its just tough to do. It sounds like the only way to do it would be to use the line-x body armor product on top of the line-x coating and a stencil to get some sort of graphic. I will try to find some sort of stencil or or another way to get a bedside graphic going because I think it would look awesome!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had my rockers and flares premium linexed not long after i got my truck. its been over 2 years and its held up well. the only areas roughed up at all are the underside of the flares where its had crap constantly thrown at it. stuff is incredible. cant wait to see the whole truck done.