CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also installed the CVF Inter cooler and am a fan. It is a beautiful piece and works extremely well. I got the black because I am worried about corrosion, living in panhandle of FL. Also, I don’t know that it is painted black, but I could be wrong. I have done some Gunsmithing and you can apply an oxidizing agent to make black that also prevents corrosion. It seems like that is how the CVF unit is. Again, I could be wrong, but I seem to get the same results either way

John Rathjen

SWATDOC
Reaction score
Jasaon - is your IC CARB exempt? Unfortunately thats an issue for me in CA. Also - what is your eta for offering your IC with a drain valve?
Thanks

scmsltn

Reaction score
Just ordered a silver IC...$517 is a great price with the code. My truck is getting repaired from an accident so I won't be able to install it for a while, but looking forward to it.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine last Friday and immediately went on a road trip to NC. It has done great, IAT1 is about 2-5 degrees from ambient air.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put mine on yesterday and popped the big silicone coupler on the way home. How tight are you guys cranking down those t-bolt clamps

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, under boost, I thought the truck had exploded! Man that engine is so weak with out boost. I cranked it down hard this time, its not going to come off a second time....

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ll crawl back under there and pop it back on. I just need a damn 10mm deep socket and Home Depot ain’t open today .