CVF Titan intercooler question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see CVF has the titan and titan V2 version. It looks like the V2 is slightly larger and has a drain, outside of that is it worth the extra cost over the standard titan intercooler when going @GooseTuned stage 2?. Just trying to determine if those extra features are worth the extra cost. Appreciate any input.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see CVF has the titan and titan V2 version. It looks like the V2 is slightly larger and has a drain, outside of that is it worth the extra cost over the standard titan intercooler when going @GooseTuned stage 2?. Just trying to determine if those extra features are worth the extra cost. Appreciate any input.
The bigger one does do a better job for longer period of time

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drain is helpful, but it depends, not exactly a necessary thing.
The bigger one will do its job better, but either will be a huge upgrade over the stock one. Id be happy with either i guess is the answer, but i figured get the biggest one i can fit in there while im down there.

One big thing is the regular one can fit in with no trimming, the 2nd version will require some trimming off the main shroud. (Both require the clip-on shroud to be removed)

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drain is helpful, but it depends, not exactly a necessary thing.
The bigger one will do its job better, but either will be a huge upgrade over the stock one. Id be happy with either i guess is the answer, but i figured get the biggest one i can fit in there while im down there.

One big thing is the regular one can fit in with no trimming, the 2nd version will require some trimming off the main shroud. (Both require the clip-on shroud to be removed)
Appreciate the response. Also good to know that the V2 requires a little extra modification. I guess the main thing that I am wondering is if the V2 makes any difference when going @GooseTuned stage 2. I know you said it will do it’s job better but will it have any bearing on power gains at the stage 2 level?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the response. Also good to know that the V2 requires a little extra modification. I guess the main thing that I am wondering is if the V2 makes any difference when going @GooseTuned stage 2. I know you said it will do it’s job better but will it have any bearing on power gains at the stage 2 level?
Hard to say, surface area is the big one for cooling, and both designs are limited by the small opening on the bottom, its why a lot of people go for the big one that goes in front of the radiator. That said the v2 being bigger prob will take longer to hear soak.

Both wont add power per say, just able to keep the power you have longer.

I believe the whipple one is slightly bigger than the v1, has a drain, and will fit with no cutting. V2 is slightly bigger than that one.

in florida here my v2 never goes above 15* ambient while driving and drops close to ambient when in boost. Offroading in baja mode/sport mode, as long as i was moving it was staying low. Factory one was heatsoaking like crazy. I believe 120* is where the truck starts pulling timing.

Im stock on my truck but the v2 gave me back the power i was losing in this heat so it feels like a tune to me. Im not sure what stage 2 brings but any aftermarket ic should help you maintain that power.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say, surface area is the big one for cooling, and both designs are limited by the small opening on the bottom, its why a lot of people go for the big one that goes in front of the radiator. That said the v2 being bigger prob will take longer to hear soak.

Both wont add power per say, just able to keep the power you have longer.

I believe the whipple one is slightly bigger than the v1, has a drain, and will fit with no cutting. V2 is slightly bigger than that one.

in florida here my v2 never goes above 15* ambient while driving and drops close to ambient when in boost. Offroading in baja mode/sport mode, as long as i was moving it was staying low. Factory one was heatsoaking like crazy. I believe 120* is where the truck starts pulling timing.

Im stock on my truck but the v2 gave me back the power i was losing in this heat so it feels like a tune to me. Im not sure what stage 2 brings but any aftermarket ic should help you maintain that power.
Appreciate the input. I assume that even in my case either would provide me with the cooler temps I need to maintain stage 2 power, but for the little difference in price buying new I might as well go V2. I came across the standard version used for $450 though.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the V1 and if had it to do over again would do the V2 for the greater mass and drain plug (don't care about the minor trimming). I mean why not unless you are pinching pennies then a used V1 makes sense vs none at all.