CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know why a person would ever go back to stock. The CVF unit is built far superior to the OEM IC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
I forgot to ask...I see they offer black as an option. I'm in southern NV...gets wicked hot in the summer. Anyone know if the black version's cooling efficiency would be less than the standard aluminum finish?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to ask...I see they offer black as an option. I'm in southern NV...gets wicked hot in the summer. Anyone know if the black version's cooling efficiency would be less than the standard aluminum finish?

Do you typically drive w/ the front end removed from your truck facing skyward? If not then I don’t think the color matters ;-)

NE26

Reaction score
Would the black one be an issue in the Northeast with all the salt etc? I’m thinking it may just turn silver over time.

Also I’m assuming running a cobb stage 2 tune would be ok with this?

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is absolutely correct. It is as simple as understanding the process of heat transfer.

Where it sits in our trucks, in the stock location, you can’t see it anyway, so going with the raw aluminum finish just makes good sense, but also allows you to appreciate the quality of workmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Asinine

Reaction score
Folks -- our Black Friday 10% discount is LIVE through 11-30.

Just use BLACKNOV at checkout to receive the discount, and feel free to hit me via PM if you've got any questions!
Hi Jason - Are the CVF hot and cold side pipes easier to install while installing the CVF intercooler? What differences do the pipes make to flow, HP, etc.?

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jason - Are the CVF hot and cold side pipes easier to install while installing the CVF intercooler? What differences do the pipes make to flow, HP, etc.?

Hi Asinine - It shouldn't make much a difference to install when doing the IC or doing them alone, other than you being down there already. Also please keep in mind that they're for the 3.5 and we haven't confirmed just yet that they'll work on the Raptor.

The piping allows for greater airflow on both the hot and cold-side (15% more) and we plan on getting some dyno results to back the claim of a slight HP bump with them.