CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asinine

Reaction score
Nice! Is the YouTube video of install that is provided on the CVF product page the best resource? I feel like since I was able to install the Cobb FMIC by myself this will be an absolute walk in the park. Ordered the black CVF IC today for my 2020. Looking forward to getting it installed.
That’s the only guide I could find and it was helpful, although the install is so easy it doesn’t need a guide. Install took me 2 hours and I move at a leisurely pace.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holiday discount is live! 10% off any CVF products (including pre-orders) through 12-25. Use code HOLIDAY10 at checkout and feel free to reach out via PM if you've got any questions. :)

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new...

867A8753-C7B9-4F59-BF20-DFAFC31F8E14.jpeg

You need a jack for sure. This thing is heavy.

B73B9CD3-1E36-4866-BC43-E1B62B236355.jpeg

Notes:

You have to remove the front shroud or the CVF IC won’t fit. It’s a pain to get off without breaking anything. You can see the clips in the above pic.

Remove the fan assembly also. I’ve read somewhere that you raise the IC and fan assembly into its spot at the same time.
Instead, I raised the IC (with jack) about 80% of the way and then slipped in the fan assembly. The top tabs on the fan assembly fit above the IC. No way you’re getting the fan in if the IC is seated at the top.

Not much oil in the IC but there was some congealed oil (Canadian winter) in the pipe. Gonna look into a AOS.

Loaded Cobb Stage 2 93 and already had OEM+ TCM installed.
Really happy with the way the truck pulls with no hesitation/lag.

This thing is going to get me into trouble. :chewie:

Last edited:

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Is the YouTube video of install that is provided on the CVF product page the best resource? I feel like since I was able to install the Cobb FMIC by myself this will be an absolute walk in the park. Ordered the black CVF IC today for my 2020. Looking forward to getting it installed.

I'm curious why you are going to change IC's again if you already invested and installed the COBB IC?

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holiday discount is live! 10% off any CVF products (including pre-orders) through 12-25. Use code HOLIDAY10 at checkout and feel free to reach out via PM if you've got any questions. :)

Jason, any updates on the charge pipes? I realize its the holidays lol but done buying everything for everybody else. Money burning hole in the pockets.

Waiting to order the IC at the same time. Dont want to do the install twice, hopefully

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks - for those interested we have a Facebook group buy going on now (for a limited time through January 14th). Enter code CRANIUMSENTME at checkout to purchase the intercooler for $500, shipped.

As always - feel free to give me a shout via PM with questions!

Last edited:

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks - for those interested we have a Facebook group buy going on now (for a limited time). Enter code CRANIUMSENTME at checkout to purchase the intercooler for $500, shipped.

As always - feel free to give me a shout via PM with questions!
Mine showed up yesterday, luckily packed well. Box was a bit rough.

Jason, y’all pressure check every unit? Or random.