CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a 10mm box wrench and cranked it forever . Just did some throttling to test .I’ll take it for a real test tomorrow. If it pops Lol. I’ll pull into Home Depot and get a deep socket Tomorrow haha. Happy thanksgiving frf peeps.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have installed themselves, is it really as easy as it looks? Seems like it’s as easy as remove skid plate, loosen the couplers, drop down stock IC by loosening the support bar and reinstalling the new one in reverse order. I’ve installed a COBB FMIC on a 2017 and it took a LONG time.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have installed themselves, is it really as easy as it looks? Seems like it’s as easy as remove skid plate, loosen the couplers, drop down stock IC by loosening the support bar and reinstalling the new one in reverse order. I’ve installed a COBB FMIC on a 2017 and it took a LONG time.

I could honestly do it by myslef in an hour or less..

the ONLY hard part is lifting the new CVF Cooler into position and putting the bolt in the cross member piece by yourself. If you use a floor jack or something for that part its cake.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just like ChaseH said, once you do it you will be like, oh my gosh NOW I could do it in an hour! The hardest part is holding it up in there while trying to get bolts started. Common things like which way to turn clamps so they will be easy next time set me back a little bit. I got almost all the way back together and decided to partially remove to clean up the install a little. It takes a while, just be patient it's easy just time-consuming.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stuck with the stock BOV. My only glitch was I did get the fans in place before getting the IC up into position. I had to lower the IC, place the fans, and raise the IC back into position.

As they have said a floor jack positioned well will make it much easier. Took me a couple of hours bu myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Is the YouTube video of install that is provided on the CVF product page the best resource? I feel like since I was able to install the Cobb FMIC by myself this will be an absolute walk in the park. Ordered the black CVF IC today for my 2020. Looking forward to getting it installed.