CRP Stage Four, etc +e85

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E85 pump by my work says e85 but it’s always been e70. Every time I pump which is every week or 2 I test before filling up. That was from may to October. I’m on 93 now due to the colder weather. Will most likely go back to my e50 mix around may.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E85 pump by my work says e85 but it’s always been e70. Every time I pump which is every week or 2 I test before filling up. That was from may to October. I’m on 93 now due to the colder weather. Will most likely go back to my e50 mix around may.

Similar mix here in Minnesota. I have seen 60% all the way up to 85% ethanol at the e85 pumps I have tested. I test every fill up to secondary to the variations. I am running 91 map right since so cold and no 93 in Minnesota and will switch to e50 in April/May.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar mix here in Minnesota. I have seen 60% all the way up to 85% ethanol at the e85 pumps I have tested. I test every fill up to secondary to the variations. I am running 91 map right since so cold and no 93 in Minnesota and will switch to e50 in April/May.
Are you testing the 91 octane every time or just figuring it’s 10% always? I did my first tank of E-50 last week in Colorado and had 70% E-85 with 10% 91 octane

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you testing the 91 octane every time or just figuring it’s 10% always? I did my first tank of E-50 last week in Colorado and had 70% E-85 with 10% 91 octane

The 91 has no ethanol. These are 91 pumps at the e85 pumps. I currently run Costco premium, which is 92 octane and "up to" 10% ethanol.

OP
OP
J

jrm

Reaction score
averaged a solid 12.5 mpg this weekend to Orlando from Jax. Think I'm 14.5 with gas. Truck is pretty fast, and certainly fast enough for my wife. It's her daily driver--my project!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Now Full disclosure I don’t know if you have to test every time you fill up or just test once what the station has.

People running higher ethanol content should install an Ethanol Content Analyzer. I like this one from Fuel-It. It is Plug & Play. Just swap out the OEM fuel line with this one and connect power/ground and get real-time ethanol content % and fuel temp. No guessing or messy measuring at the pump.

https://www.fuel-it.com/ford-f-150-3-5l-ecoboost-flex-fuel-kits/