840HP with CRP Stage 5 Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hiding under a rock . . Very cool build! Good numbers but not sure on the 25% loss. Possible on Raptor I guess but thinking maybe 15-20% max on my truck. Hoping to find out soon. Pushing hard trying to finish truck up. Getting close.
If you look at what they dyno stock and supposed to be 450hp its usually 20 to 25 loss and most of the time closer to 25 even at 20% thats 790hp

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went out at 6am this morning was off roading around 60 mph i was able to steer and miss giant rock rear not so lucky lol good thing exact wheel for 5th wheel spare and getting new tires next week but still sucked will try to video soon

Attachments

• 20211010_075919.jpg
    20211010_075919.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20211010_074131.jpg
    20211010_074131.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 123

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was hiding under a rock . . Very cool build! Good numbers but not sure on the 25% loss. Possible on Raptor I guess but thinking maybe 15-20% max on my truck. Hoping to find out soon. Pushing hard trying to finish truck up. Getting close.
I've always been confused as to why alot of members here DON'T think a truck that is like literally designed & pre-destined to be the factory 1/2 ton w/ the MOST parasitic drivetrain loss outta the box (until TRX came out) & then remain hopeful it somehow won't be the case or overinflate their supposed "crank HP" when really all that matters is a) how much faster/more responsive is the truck before/after the mods/dyno, b) how much hp/tq was gained & WHERE it was gained throughout the curve, & c) how long & how well does the rest of the trucks drivetrain/suspension/running gear hold up after adding the extra mods/power.

A 4wd truck, w/ 4.10 gears, heavy duty axles, giant heavy 35" tire setup, and a busy-*** 10 speed tranny w/ a traditional torque converter is going to be @ the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to ICE vehicles & drivetrain loss. Period. 22-25% is probably the "norm"

For comparison sake, a vehicle w/ extremely low parasitic loss would be a 600cc sportbike 7-10%, for cars one of the most common performance vehicles w/ very low parasitic loss would be C5-C7 corvettes w/ manual trannies - these are in the 12-15% range. My C5Z stock (rated @ 405hp)made 358whp bone stock w/ 13k miles on it. Its making 718whp now as it sits on the same dyno - if someone actually cares enough to ask how much power it makes I just say "718 to the wheels" - I'm not going to bother guestimating drivetrain loss or inflating the BHP # to make myself or anyone else feel good lol - you start heavily modding vehicles - you go by whatever they make at the wheels. Should I say "my vette makes 815 hp"?

I guess the thought process is, the bigger the loss through the drivetrain the more some people would prefer to do backwards math to represent the modded vehicle's power as to what it makes @ the crank?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always been confused as to why alot of members here DON'T think a truck that is like literally designed & pre-destined to be the factory 1/2 ton w/ the MOST parasitic drivetrain loss outta the box (until TRX came out) & then remain hopeful it somehow won't be the case or overinflate their supposed "crank HP" when really all that matters is a) how much faster/more responsive is the truck before/after the mods/dyno, b) how much hp/tq was gained & WHERE it was gained throughout the curve, & c) how long & how well does the rest of the trucks drivetrain/suspension/running gear hold up after adding the extra mods/power.

A 4wd truck, w/ 4.10 gears, heavy duty axles, giant heavy 35" tire setup, and a busy-*** 10 speed tranny w/ a traditional torque converter is going to be @ the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to ICE vehicles & drivetrain loss. Period. 22-25% is probably the "norm"

For comparison sake, a vehicle w/ extremely low parasitic loss would be a 600cc sportbike 7-10%, for cars one of the most common performance vehicles w/ very low parasitic loss would be C5-C7 corvettes w/ manual trannies - these are in the 12-15% range. My C5Z stock (rated @ 405hp)made 358whp bone stock w/ 13k miles on it. Its making 718whp now as it sits on the same dyno - if someone actually cares enough to ask how much power it makes I just say "718 to the wheels" - I'm not going to bother guestimating drivetrain loss or inflating the BHP # to make myself or anyone else feel good lol - you start heavily modding vehicles - you go by whatever they make at the wheels. Should I say "my vette makes 815 hp"?

I guess the thought process is, the bigger the loss through the drivetrain the more some people would prefer to do backwards math to represent the modded vehicle's power as to what it makes @ the crank?
It's just the way we were brought up, seeing the horsepower wars and companies saying 300 hp, 400hp, etc, when they were only making 250 ex, now its 700-100 hp advertised, I blame the marketing companies for brainwashing us, lol.