Stage 4 CRP Turbos Revisted (ZFGRACING)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly likely on e85, but at the same time they could also get tuned on e85. Dollar for dollar though I think it would be pretty easy to take down a trx.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure super cab raptor on E85 would smoke the TRX

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m not so sure what it would take, but it’s definitely not 702 horsepower. I’m guessing it’s 630 to the wheels based on the dragy data I’m seeing. Maybe more.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’m not so sure what it would take, but it’s definitely not 702 horsepower. I’m guessing it’s 630 to the wheels based on the dragy data I’m seeing. Maybe more.

The aftermarket Shelby conversions are always highly overrated. It’s very unlikely that Shelby’s ratings are SAE certified (SAE J2723), which basically means they can claim whatever they want.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of chassis dynos now because I was trying to answer the question for myself and by extension for what we have all been wondering...

what would it take to get faster than the TRX?

they seem to dyno, from what I’ve seen, between 585 and 600 horsepower at the wheels. About 575ish torque. It’s a very very wide, flat torque curve too. It makes and holds power for most of the RPM range.

assuming a 20-25 percent drivetrain loss. 750-800 bhp is probably a good guess.

Before I blew up my engine.... I think I was close to being competitive with it. I don’t think I was quite there. 4.32-4.38 was my best 0-60 time admittedly with some wheel spin.... the TRX has no problem doing 3.8-4 with an impressive 60ft time on the dragy. Data.

so I think it would take my setup plus ethanol to meet and then exceed what the TRX is doing from the factory on pump gas...

but... I’m already seeing guys picking up 80 horsepower on their truck with just a set of pullies. No tune. So even pushing the ecoboost to its absolute limit... probably is at most on par with a simple pulley swap.

The moral of the story here... don’t blow your truck up trying to chase something that isn’t really possible. Be happy with bolt ons and a tune... and it’ll be plenty fast. Then when the raptor R comes out... get yourself into a platform that can genuinely compete and outcompete the hellcat.

That’s my plan... I’m looking for a Raptor R as soon as it hits production... but until then... as they say... If you can’t beat em. Join em

oliver1539

Reaction score
Guy, great advice to live by. I know it's so easy to get caught up in "numbers" that we forget about what these engine can and cannot safely handle. Either way, very impressive.
Sorry about your truck.

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of chassis dynos now because I was trying to answer the question for myself and by extension for what we have all been wondering...

what would it take to get faster than the TRX?

they seem to dyno, from what I’ve seen, between 585 and 600 horsepower at the wheels. About 575ish torque. It’s a very very wide, flat torque curve too. It makes and holds power for most of the RPM range.

assuming a 20-25 percent drivetrain loss. 750-800 bhp is probably a good guess.

Before I blew up my engine.... I think I was close to being competitive with it. I don’t think I was quite there. 4.32-4.38 was my best 0-60 time admittedly with some wheel spin.... the TRX has no problem doing 3.8-4 with an impressive 60ft time on the dragy. Data.

so I think it would take my setup plus ethanol to meet and then exceed what the TRX is doing from the factory on pump gas...

but... I’m already seeing guys picking up 80 horsepower on their truck with just a set of pullies. No tune. So even pushing the ecoboost to its absolute limit... probably is at most on par with a simple pulley swap.

The moral of the story here... don’t blow your truck up trying to chase something that isn’t really possible. Be happy with bolt ons and a tune... and it’ll be plenty fast. Then when the raptor R comes out... get yourself into a platform that can genuinely compete and outcompete the hellcat.

That’s my plan... I’m looking for a Raptor R as soon as it hits production... but until then... as they say... If you can’t beat em. Join em

My supercab is at roughly 500whp on E85 I have a revision coming up with Goose to set it at around 520whp once I line up another appointment on the dyno. A guy from the gym just bought a TRX I'll try and post a race when I'm finished with the dyno. The supcab gross weight is only 6,600 pounds the TRX I think is7,800 lbs

Sam_Ecobeast

Reaction score
My supercab is at roughly 500whp on E85 I have a revision coming up with Goose to set it at around 520whp once I line up another appointment on the dyno. A guy from the gym just bought a TRX I'll try and post a race when I'm finished with the dyno. The supcab gross weight is only 6,600 pounds the TRX I think is7,800 lbs
Any update on the race? :)