Stage 4 CRP Turbos Revisted (ZFGRACING)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,

I created a new thread because the old one doesn’t do it justice.

As many of you are aware, I was disappointed with my previous tune and build.

AFE intake, WHIPPLE intercooler, AMS intake tubes, CRP stage 4 turbos, CRP manifolds, Kooks Downpipes, 170 degree thermostat.

I came across Adam from ZFGRacing. He was willing to give it another try for me and we started on a remote tune using an HPTuners RDT as well as 20 channels of data logging.

All I can say is, whoa! We finished up a 93 pump gas tune, with the finest transmission tune I’ve had the pleasure of driving. The power levels are what I had hoped for when I started this project. I don’t have a dyno graph to tell the story, but I will get it back on the rollers. The power comes on quickly with excellent throttle response and it builds to a neck snapping level of acceleration. I’m not kidding.... I’ve been trying to use my dragy box to get a good set of numbers to post but I’m absolutely roasting the tires in 4A to the point that I can’t get the launch right. I’m spinning all 4 tires with full on squealing like I just robbed a bank in a Steven Segal movie.

It’s extremely fast. Compared to stock turbos with a good tune... I’d absolutely destroy it in a race. It’s the fastest truck I’ve ever driven, hands down. I’m on the hunt for a TRX at a stoplight.

We are currently working on a 100 octane boostane tune to have to play around. So far the boostane is working well!

Adam from ZFG is the real deal and I can’t say enough good things about him or his process. This guy is beyond knowledgeable and his ability to work with this truck may be one of a kind. I’m flat out saying it now... he rescued my truck... I was going to trade it in on a hellcat. I was ready to throw in the towel.... and he has now produced something incredible that has exceeded my expectations. He’s that good. I can’t even imagine what he would be able to do if I had E85 available.

So I was wrong.... it wasn’t the build or the turbos and CRP delivered. I really trusted the last builder and tuner because they have a national reputation and are supposed to be experts... I’m not putting them down as they did the install of the hard parts and made this all possible but they weren’t able to maximize the tune or the turbos the way I had hoped.

If you are looking to do this build... Adam is the guy in my opinion. I wouldn’t hesitate to use him for remote tuning.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was desperately asking anyone and everyone whom I respect. The stars aligned and ZFG definitely delivered. :)

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Super happy for you man! I'll have some data posted from those turbos shortly!!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too.

I was ready to give up. I thought it was all a big disappointment and now I have a really fun truck that exceeds my expectations.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer the big question....

Was the build worth the money?

yes.... for me.... it was and I would definitely recommend it and do it again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I drive it.... the more Im having a blast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts