Cracked valve cover driverside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Yes I am. However, the fu*king communists fu*ked us over so badly with the world-wide fake pandemic and illegal “lockdowns” that it will be at least 2 more years before there can be any hope of improving. And then only if the communists are replaced with real Patriots, not politicians. The only people who don’t know this are the useful idiots.
Very well said.

Coop65

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as well guys--- 2017 @ 103000 miles....same issue on the drivers side.... I have an extended warranty so I guess I'll be scheduling maintenance at the stealership as well.... Man, I really hate to let them touch my truck.... but for some of these issues whatta ya do ???>>>

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as well guys--- 2017 @ 103000 miles....same issue on the drivers side.... I have an extended warranty so I guess I'll be scheduling maintenance at the stealership as well.... Man, I really hate to let them touch my truck.... but for some of these issues whatta ya do ???>>>
I'd call sooner rather than later, I've been waiting since June for the cover.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, you got screwed then. Under warranty?

I took mine in middle of July for diagnosis, and got it back the Friday before labor day. 45ish days.
Yeah, I got it and cam phasers covered 3 days before my warranty expired. Dealership said the cover would still be covered under warranty once it comes in. They also scratched the crap out of my rear drivers door when they did the cam phasers.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side valve gasket just went on mine at 27k miles. Had it at the dealer in February for a drivers side timing cover leak. My guess is they ****ed it up then - given the shit show they were to deal with. My mechanic (not at dealer) charged 380 to get it fixed, which was well worth knowing it was done right and done without the hassle

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do these valve cover cracks just happen out of the blue at higher miles or did they go unnoticed for a period of time?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Do these valve cover cracks just happen out of the blue at higher miles or did they go unnoticed for a period of time?
I think they go unnoticed as they have to leak enough to get to the ground, and the skid plates hold most of it. On the way, I noticed it as I parked on a slant with the driver side being on the downhill. Then the oil leak down the valve cover and started smoking on the exhaust. That’s what caused me to look further.