Cracked valve cover driverside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
This is a timely post I just dropped mine off 5 minutes ago with oil pooling in the exact same area I have an extended warranty I am trying to see if they are going to cover this lots of plastic on this motor

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed my upr oil catch can on both sides. Plugged the hole in the intake. Just dropped my truck off at the dealer for the 100 th time. My truck has lived at the dealership. Hopefully this time the mechanic doesn’t break something else trying to fix the problem

Ya make me nervous about mechanical problems for this beast. So far so good but I’ve only had mine since November.

By the way, good pick up on the problem... I’m gonna have to pay closer attention to my engine bay.

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
So the dealer looked at it and warranty is going to cover it as per them it was valve cover gaskets not the covers themselves however at 90 bucks per side were thinking it's going to include new covers that's just for parts

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, mine is leaking has the same pool of oil in the same spot..always thought it was the bolt but now I'm going to take a closer look..thanks for the tip!! Im Still under warranty, but like stated above, hopefully they dont break something else fixing this!!

OP
OP
Wender85

Wender85

Reaction score
It took me a bit trying to figure where it was coming from. I had to get the teuck to operating temp and use an led flashlight to see the crack. The dealership is ordering me a new valve cover kit.

Bumpngrind

Reaction score
So extended warranty covered the new valve covers, one arrived already cracked out of the box, unreal, will be monitoring this deal going forward