p0022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62crew

Reaction score
a couple weeks ago i had a rough idle for a couple of miles. it seemed like it was going to stall. the next day no issues and issue did not come back. yesterday cel p0022. today i checked truck and there is a lot of oil pooled on driver side valve cover. any ideas what the problem might be?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a couple weeks ago i had a rough idle for a couple of miles. it seemed like it was going to stall. the next day no issues and issue did not come back. yesterday cel p0022. today i checked truck and there is a lot of oil pooled on driver side valve cover. any ideas what the problem might be?
Not to be an A-hole, but it sounds like you have an oil leak from your valve cover ;) (well known and well covered issue on this site). Have you checked the oil level?

OP
OP

62crew

Reaction score
oil level is good. i saw that cel could possibly be from bad vvt solenoid. i was wondering if a bad vvt could be why the oil is leaking but after looking at part i dont think that could be the oil problem. would a leaky valve cover lead to a cel p0022. now im wondering if rough idle is vvt and oil leak is bad valve cover gasket or cracked valve cover. how hard is it to replace valve cover gasket? how long should it take?