GEN 2 Cordless charging with Apple CarPlay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using this for about 8 months. It does not connect all the time, but I narrowed down the reason for me at least. If my phone is already connected to a WIFI network it is a 50/50 chance of connecting to the CarPlay device. If it does not connect open your WIFI connections and choose the SYNC47 WIFI network. It will connect. You do not have to reset the device. Unfortunately you cannot set the priority on the networks from an iPhone. I have read where can make these changes on a MAC and they will be pushed to the iPhone but I do not have a MAC. Choosing the WIFI network is a LOT faster than resetting the device but you do have to pull your phone out. But it does not happen to often. (about 1 in 20 for me) These are my experiences so I hope it helps.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using this for about 8 months. It does not connect all the time, but I narrowed down the reason for me at least. If my phone is already connected to a WIFI network it is a 50/50 chance of connecting to the CarPlay device. If it does not connect open your WIFI connections and choose the SYNC47 WIFI network. It will connect. You do not have to reset the device. Unfortunately you cannot set the priority on the networks from an iPhone. I have read where can make these changes on a MAC and they will be pushed to the iPhone but I do not have a MAC. Choosing the WIFI network is a LOT faster than resetting the device but you do have to pull your phone out. But it does not happen to often. (about 1 in 20 for me) These are my experiences so I hope it helps.
Have you upgraded the Dongle’s firmware?

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I have updated a few times since purchased. Has not changed anything. I believe most of the updates are to support other vehicles
I think the Dongle takes some time to boot up. I haven’t had connectivity issue in a long time (only when I first got it). I’ve been using it for a few months now. I have since added an in-line USB toggle switch to kill the Dongle when I don’t want to use CarPlay. Sometimes it’s easier to just stream music over BT.