Coolant leak horror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I had a slow coolant leak that was leaving my degas bottle low every 3-5 days’ish. Turned out to be my passenger turbo coolant line fitting. Or, so I thought. Once I ripped everything out and got in there I saw no signs of leaks. Even though the trail was from that side. The puddle on the ground was on the passenger side.

Upon further inspection I could see more clearly with the truck on the lift there was another slightly hidden trail… coming from the driver side turbo coolant line fitting. Damn it!!! So, I had to put the passenger side back together, and mosey on over to the other side. Got it pull apart and replaced the O-ring. Good to go. Not a good design obviously. It is what it is I guess.

OP
OP
B

Beenjammin

Reaction score
I'm invested now. What was the outcome?
Still up at ford sitting there. No offense taken and i appreciate the service techs chiming in. It’s a frustrating ordeal and I can’t help to feel that the issue is not the head gasket that I am being told. They are still waiting on ford for a claim for warranty coverage. Going on week 3.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still up at ford sitting there. No offense taken and i appreciate the service techs chiming in. It’s a frustrating ordeal and I can’t help to feel that the issue is not the head gasket that I am being told. They are still waiting on ford for a claim for warranty coverage. Going on week 3.
Well that sucks, please, please keep us informed. We all want to know how the story ends.

OP
OP
B

Beenjammin

Reaction score
I called and got a case number going on the repair as it is still just sitting up at ford. My dealer is waiting to hear from Fords Technical service to know what work will be covered and/or parts to be sent? The 16th will be a month, is this typical? I am trying to be patient, but as no one will call me to keep me informed, I just kind of sit and stew over it. Some have said to me the squeaky wheel gets the oil and to call constantly , and others have said not to worry them...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called and got a case number going on the repair as it is still just sitting up at ford. My dealer is waiting to hear from Fords Technical service to know what work will be covered and/or parts to be sent? The 16th will be a month, is this typical? I am trying to be patient, but as no one will call me to keep me informed, I just kind of sit and stew over it. Some have said to me the squeaky wheel gets the oil and to call constantly , and others have said not to worry them...
Try talking to the service manager. SAs are not paid for honesty or good communication.

OP
OP
B

Beenjammin

Reaction score
Update: Today service manager called and said Ford has requested the engine come out and detailed pictures be sent in and that a completely new engine is not out of the question now but not to worry as it is covered by warranty. Be nice if they were to send a newer model engine as I do not want to deal with phasers again. I have read long block? I dont know much about this process.

Last edited:

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they pull that motor and it's the turbo cooling line in the back of the head....

Ford warranty stuff is usually a long block and includes the cylinder heads. I don't know how complete they dress them out though

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: Today service manager called and said Ford has requested the engine come out and detailed pictures be sent in and that a completely new engine is not out of the question now but not to worry as it is covered by warranty. Be nice if they were to send a newer model engine as I do not want to deal with phasers again. I have read long block? I dont know much about this process.
A service long block will be a current production engine. It will also have an aluminum oil pan, so if your current engine is a 2-piece with the composite lower pan, there are a few components that will need to be replaced or re-routed in the engine compartment.