color change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i plan to ask the dealership this question, but i might get better answers here :head3:. getting ready to order my '13. either in silver or terrain. since it will be weeks after the order is submitted before the build actually starts, does ford notify the dealer with the build date? in other words, will there be an opportunity for me to change my color choice? im considering terrain, but there arent enough good pics out there for me to decide on it. id like to see a few more first. dont send me the autoblog link. ive seen em and theyre not bad, but they dont convince me one way or the other. thanks

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it takes Ford a week or two to actually "recieve" the order and during that time you can change it, but after Ford takes the order on theres not a whole lot you can do to change it, just to be safe just decide everything before you finally order.

*side note* dont get silver or terrain, BLUE FLAME FTW :pokeowned:

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ordered my 12 it was explained to me that until the VIN is issued you can make as many changes as you'd like with the only side effect being you may annoy your dealer.

I changed a few options here and there over the course of the two months I was waiting. It is worth noting that I made my last change (black to silver and delete the bed extender) two and a half weeks before my VIN was issued yet when my truck arrived, it was a black truck with the bed extender. I had the print out from the dealer showing my order as a silver truck but for whatever reason it didn't "catch" in the system. My guess is that the dude who input the change never hit send or whatever and just printed it out but forgot to finish the change request but we'll never know.

My caution is to order what you want and if you change, be prepared to either accept the truck in the original order condition or wait for a new truck which were my options. I chose to take the black since I liked both and didn't feel like waiting any longer.

~BGM

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
luckily my dealer said he is going to call me just before my order gets pulled to see if i want to change anything. but i think i am set with options already. (got screwed having to pay for that POS sony nav/audio system) so most likely no changes here

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a shot of the Terrain color I took at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. Let me know if you want the original pic, but it's 4meg. The finish is not high gloss, not flat almost satin. Makes the truck have a military look to it, like it needs a .50 cal mounted on the back. I also thought a desert digital camo pattern for the graphics would look kick ass on the truck. ALso....bead lockers = want.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit FIRE! This pushed me over the edge. I am going to change my order from Silver to Terrain. Could you please email me this photo and any others you may have? Please email me at [email protected]. Thank YOU!

Here's a shot of the Terrain color I took at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. Let me know if you want the original pic, but it's 4meg. The finish is not high gloss, not flat almost satin. Makes the truck have a military look to it, like it needs a .50 cal mounted on the back. I also thought a desert digital camo pattern for the graphics would look kick ass on the truck. ALso....bead lockers = want.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

When I ordered my 12 it was explained to me that until the VIN is issued you can make as many changes as you'd like with the only side effect being you may annoy your dealer.

I had this exact same discussion yesterday with my dealership. I was told change whatever you want until the VIN is issued.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sent an email last night to my dealership asking them to switch from Silver to Terrain and they confirmed today that my order has been changed accordingly.

i plan to ask the dealership this question, but i might get better answers here :head3:. getting ready to order my '13. either in silver or terrain. since it will be weeks after the order is submitted before the build actually starts, does ford notify the dealer with the build date? in other words, will there be an opportunity for me to change my color choice? im considering terrain, but there arent enough good pics out there for me to decide on it. id like to see a few more first. dont send me the autoblog link. ive seen em and theyre not bad, but they dont convince me one way or the other. thanks

Reeking_HVAC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am between white and terrain. I ordered white but these recent pictures have got me thinking about making the switch. I plan on body painting the flairs and door handles, does anyone have an opinion on how hard it will be to get a good match since this has a different matte type finish?