COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking of ordering cobb stage 1 - aside from "normal" stuff like tints/PPF maybe a little extra lighting this will be my only "big" mod - truck already is so tricked out from factory I don't see a big need to go nuts w/ it (although I may lop those flat black exhaust tips off)

My only question/concern is that my understanding was it cannot/does not tune the transmission?? Is this true? if that's the case I would think you'd run into some pretty wonky shifting behavior from time to time mated to an entirely different set of Air/fuel/boost/timing/spark etc. parameters but stock tranny tune, especially in sport mode.

Is this true?

I like the ease w/ which you can go back to stock. I have 100k extended warranty & don't want any issues....the tune is less of a red flag than a catch can or intake.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stage 1, soon to be stage 2 if i can find some time to install my intercooler.

Honestly, just do it! Cobb’s working on the trans tune right now. It’s not that bad to begin with anyways. The integrated “pedal commander” and the tune make it worth the money.

I drive in sport here and there and it’s fine. And when i go off-road or drive aggressive in the rain it’s in Baja mode. Super fun!!!

Thinking of ordering cobb stage 1 - aside from "normal" stuff like tints/PPF maybe a little extra lighting this will be my only "big" mod - truck already is so tricked out from factory I don't see a big need to go nuts w/ it (although I may lop those flat black exhaust tips off)

My only question/concern is that my understanding was it cannot/does not tune the transmission?? Is this true? if that's the case I would think you'd run into some pretty wonky shifting behavior from time to time mated to an entirely different set of Air/fuel/boost/timing/spark etc. parameters but stock tranny tune, especially in sport mode.

Is this true?

I like the ease w/ which you can go back to stock. I have 100k extended warranty & don't want any issues....the tune is less of a red flag than a catch can or intake.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Is this true?

As you’ve seen from what the other folks have said, despite the lack of TCM tuning, the truck still shifts normally and comfortably. From all of our COBB customers, we’re hearing all positive feedback and nothing regarding trans issues.

And, as others noted, TCM support is on the way. Rough ETA is May/June of this year. 2019 ECU support is the priority at the moment.

We have the COBB Accessport v3 in stock and also have the Stage 1 and Stage 1+ kits available as well. Please let me know if we can help.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went from stage 1+ to stage 2. Finally got around to installing the intercooler and it's soooooo smoooooth.

If anybody's on the fence about going stage 2, or upgrading from stage 1......... DO IT!!!

Reaction score
As you’ve seen from what the other folks have said, despite the lack of TCM tuning, the truck still shifts normally and comfortably. From all of our COBB customers, we’re hearing all positive feedback and nothing regarding trans issues.

And, as others noted, TCM support is on the way. Rough ETA is May/June of this year. 2019 ECU support is the priority at the moment.

We have the COBB Accessport v3 in stock and also have the Stage 1 and Stage 1+ kits available as well. Please let me know if we can help.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on the COBB tune but was thinking of just going with the Accessport to start with. Do you have any experience with that and will I still notice big differences without getting the full stage 1 or 2 package?

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering pulling the trigger on the COBB tune but was thinking of just going with the Accessport to start with. Do you have any experience with that and will I still notice big differences without getting the full stage 1 or 2 package?

You’ll notice a big difference. The truck is smooth with the tube and an absolute dog without it on.

-Corey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’d only recommend going with just the Accessport if you’re absolutely sure you’re never going stage2. No need for intake to be honest. But if you’re even considering the possibility of going stage 2, just go for it all at once. I knew I was going stage2 from the get go, but Cobb didn’t have the intercoolers available at the initial raptor release. And I didn’t want to wait either. That’s why i ended up doing the upgrades in stages.

I was pleasantly surprised with stage 2. I drove with stage 1+ for a couple months and i didn’t have high expectations adding the intercooler and stage2 map. But I’m glad i did and highly recommend it.

Now the next question is..... do i add the spd turbo adapters to get a tad more exhaust note for a few hundred bucks? Add cobb downpipes for quite a bit more money? Or just leave it alone? LOL