COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you show up for service with a larger nonstock intercooler that you had to cut part of the grill to put in, I’m willing to bet their going to realize you’re tuned whether you show up running the stock map or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weaklink33

Reaction score
If you show up for service with a larger nonstock intercooler that you had to cut part of the grill to put in, I’m willing to bet their going to realize you’re tuned whether you show up running the stock map or not.

It was my understanding that they are still going to know you had something on there even if you flash back to stock due to the # of ignition cycles since the last ECU reflash or something like that, intercooler or not.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
It was my understanding that they are still going to know you had something on there even if you flash back to stock due to the # of ignition cycles since the last ECU reflash or something like that, intercooler or not.
It will definitely lead them that route... you could sit there and start and turn off the truck 100 times. Like everyone says if your that worried about warranty you don’t need the extra power.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the black intercooler if you wanna be stealth about it. Honestly, i don’t think they’re gonna notice the black one. Not like most dealers are servicing raptors on a everyday basis.

If they’re gonna do any serious digging and actually look for something to void warranty or deny a warranty claim........ then you better not tune the truck at all.

My 2017 f250 platinum was tuned and completely deleted with just a muffler. Dealer warrantied the coolant and oil leak. Think they had to drop the transmission to replace some gaskets. No hassles from them whatsoever.

Cleversn

Reaction score
Is anyone having a studder issue from 2200-2800 with the Cobb maps? I’m having it with all OTS maps but the issue doesn’t seem to happen on the factory map. Is this the plugs? 22000 on the truck, if plugs what is everyone running and what gap? Thanks
@Booth9999 yes! I’ve been thinking I was making it up in my head. Have you found a solution to this?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
@Booth9999 yes! I’ve been thinking I was making it up in my head. Have you found a solution to this?
No I haven’t yet. I called and talked to Cobb and they want me to data log it and send them the info. I was out of the country for a few weeks and haven’t found the time to reinstall it and make a few pulls. If you have the ability call them and mke a data log to send to them. They are very willing to help. The more data the better, any info I get I’ll pass along to you. Maybe that would be a good Sunday project...

P.S. Cobb said it was not the plugs and is an anomaly. What are your specs? I have a 802a super crew 17 with about 23,000 miles.

Cleversn

Reaction score
No I haven’t yet. I called and talked to Cobb and they want me to data log it and send them the info. I was out of the country for a few weeks and haven’t found the time to reinstall it and make a few pulls. If you have the ability call them and mke a data log to send to them. They are very willing to help. The more data the better, any info I get I’ll pass along to you. Maybe that would be a good Sunday project...

P.S. Cobb said it was not the plugs and is an anomaly. What are your specs? I have a 802a super crew 17 with about 23,000 miles.

@Booth9999 I agree Cobb has been super helpful. I was one of a small number that had an auto start/stop bug and they had an update to me in less than 24 hours.

I have a 17 Super Crew 802a with a Cobb Stage 2 and about 31k miles.

I actually started driving with the Accessport plugged in yesterday before I saw your post to try and catch it in the logs. Let me know if you learn anything and I’ll do the same!

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had a giant supercharger sitting on top of my motor + intercooler on my Gen1 and most of the time the dealer service dept. didn't even realize until I told them I had it.

But that being said - if you are going to go down this road, you need to be prepared to foot the bill for any repair that could possibly be tied back to making unauthorized changes to the vehicle. A blown motor etc. is not petty cash.
Like Boeing can attest to, sometimes problems don't show up until 1+ or 2+ years later!

Don't mean to sound too alarmist - I'll probably go this route when the 2019 is out. But there certainly be aware of the risks.

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I ‘patiently’ await the replacement of my damaged intercooler I went ahead and installed the intake and Stage 1 Tune. Disabled auto start/stop and left the pedal response set to ‘3’ as it came from COBB - ‘4’ felt a like a little too much.

Really nice improvement overall. Smooth power, much more lively thanks to the added responsiveness, and definitely feels like it accelerates more rapidly. Being in California I’m stuck relying on the 91 Tune which leaves some power on the table unfortunately but still quite worth it.

Anxious to get the new intercooler and step up the Stage 2!