Best Tuning Platform

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like for ethenol tuning go with goose but im on 91 octane and i ended up moving from goose to mpt since i had issues that werent resolved with goose and found out i was happier with the mpt tune.
I run Goose stage 2 91 octane tune. As for first unatisfied customer ever? Wait, I though there were "other issues".

<edit> Oops! See that was addressed.

JD05

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good with goose. I had the opportunity to beta the Holley platform and believe it went to market this week. Hp & torque seem to be about the same. And the app that comes with Holley is nice. You can adjust a bunch of stuff.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not go there :)

100% of your 'issues' are mechanical issues you didn't want to fix by purchasing quality parts. I mentioned this 3-4 times.
With all due respect i agree i dont want to go there as well but wanted to share my personal experience which wasnt all just my fault. The mechanical issues i did have when we worked together are not related to the end problem i encountered which caused me to switch. My parts are quality which cts downpipes which imo are better than ams on the jdm platforms they are well known to be of good quality. I didnt cut corners on my parts, just are parts you dont support so it wouldnt be fair to say theyre not quality.

Im only replying bec you still havent checked and verified 100% that the tune you last sent wasnt shutting off the monitors bec i indicated i swapped tunes note no hardware changes and the monitors worked on the new tune. My MPT TUNE IS NOT disabled bec i got the p0420 and p0430 codes which means they do check the o2 and cat monitors which is what i wanted to see. Ive modified and did plenty of my own custom builds so i know how the troubleshooting path goes.

We could had taken the conversation offline had you choose not to continually blame my parts and brushed me off for saying its not your tune but i know for a fact there is something causing yours to not even recognize the cat inefficiency issue. I drove the truck for 2000 miles and got no errors and the monitors just stayed at not ready.

I experienced this with another car i have just recently and to give you another example of how we could had resolved it i my tuner there dissected the issue to rule out his tune and prove to me it was my modifications by pointing a maf delete setup wont complete monitors bec the ecu uses parameters to calculate certain formulas with temp readings etc. to complete a monitor check for the o2, to complete a fail or pass on the monitor. Bad cats wont cause monitors to stay at not ready or incomplete.

You just simply blamed my cats as the problem if it was a high flow problem i wouldve accepted that and dealt with it myself but your tune didnt even get to that stage which is the problem here.

I ended up calling cobb to try to understand better how your tune couldnt get me to pass these monitor completions and ruled after confirming they did have the ability to shut off the monitors on their platform a year ago that the tune you sent probably was built off that option. Of course nobody who is running that file base would know this unless they had a problem passing smog.

Last edited:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Look man we had this discussion on facebook

CTS downpipes are not quality downpipes which is why you’re getting those codes. I told you and recommended downpipes that work 100% of the time. Quality AMS downpipes.

I am not and was not willing to help you bypass emissions as you requested but you now found a tuner that was willing “to fix” your problem. For the sake of your tuner, you need to stop bringing this up. We’ve already ended this conversation online in a cordial way. If you want to call me and discuss it further, you have my number.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run Goose stage 2 91 octane tune. As for first unatisfied customer ever? Wait, I though there were "other issues".

<edit> Oops! See that was addressed.
Ironically when i swapped to mpt the performance gain felt and actually experienced for my setup was much better turbos kick in much quicker and seem much more violent of a pull.

Honestly the only concern i have now is that the difference is so noticable to me i question whether it is good for longevity of the motor since goose is known to also focus on reliability and longevity.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look man we had this discussion on facebook

CTS downpipes are not quality downpipes which is why you’re getting those codes. I told you and recommended downpipes that work 100% of the time. Quality AMS downpipes.

I am not and was not willing to help you bypass emissions as you requested but you now found a tuner that was willing “to fix” your problem. For the sake of your tuner, you need to stop bringing this up. We’ve already ended this conversation online in a cordial way. If you want to call me and discuss it further, you have my number.
For the sake of clarification on this story im only replying one last time bec you keep insisting on saying its the cats which is misinformation. Ive mentioned all there is to detail the problem and those who understand how this works knows cats doesnt shut off the obd2 o2 and cat monitors. Any faulty cat will cause the monitors to complete with a fault code. Yours never recognized that.

For the record the only reason ams downpipes pass is with any tune or stock file because they are 300 cell cats which are above the cat efficiency threshold which is based off the temps variance between pre o2 readings and rear o2 lambdas. Even nick of optics can verify this.

Whats even more infuriating about this issue is even if i did go ams i bet my life the tune you gave me still would have the same issue again bec i know the monitors on the tune you sent is disabled. Its not as if the tune sets monitors ready based off cat efficiency, unless thats the algorithm set which means it's your tune thats tampered with emissions. What youre not getting is I wanted those cat monitor failed codes so i could resolve it independently but yours did not. At least admit thats where you and i are not seeing things clearly.

Last edited: