COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't wait. I went back to a different tuner's offering to get the trans tuning back. The gear selection and hesitation it would cause got to be too much of a pain to drive through.

So are you running a Cobb tune with a different companies trans tune? Or did you just switch to the other companies engine tune as well?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So are you running a Cobb tune with a different companies trans tune? Or did you just switch to the other companies engine tune as well?

swapped back to mpt. had them send me an update to a tune that I already have. As soon as I have my truck back, I'll do some logging, send it to them and they'll make adjustments as necessary.

In all honesty, something is very very different about the way cobb manipulates tables/variables, etc. at least compared to the way MPT is doing it, which I never had any issues with.

Gilligan

Reaction score
So whats the deal is Cobb the best or total shit? Hard to tell whats what when every other person says the love/hate it....

Cody Soele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ve been tuning turbo cars for a long time. The did a custom tune on an evo x for me. Are they doing custom tunes for these trucks or just canned tunes like all the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Cobb brand and customer service the company offers, I have dealt with them and tuned 1300 GTR but a trans tune on a Raptor is a Day and night difference. I think its a must on our trucks and my recommendation will go to MPT for giving me and other users the best driving experience on a Raptor.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They’ve been tuning turbo cars for a long time. The did a custom tune on an evo x for me. Are they doing custom tunes for these trucks or just canned tunes like all the others?

COBB is only offering OTS maps at this point in time. COBB Protuners can offer custom tunes.

twelvesecsst

Reaction score

I just got a Stage 1 (no IC yet) protune from goosetuned and I have no regrets. Transmission may hunt a bit from 10-9 with normal cruising but there are a lot of hills on my ride so I don't feel that it hurts the drivability at all.

The power is definitely there and it pulls amazingly. I can only imagine that the TCM tune will enhance the tune's abilities. The truck is my daily and drive 100mi round trip to work each day (ouch!).

Full disclosure though, I have not experienced any of the other tunes available.

Ty