COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33D52F0D-0A67-49DA-BDF0-9365EF82297A.jpeg
uninstalled Cobb and I’m getting these messages. I can’t clear them using Cobb accessport. Please help

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 129780
uninstalled Cobb and I’m getting these messages. I can’t clear them using Cobb accessport. Please help

To resolve this issue, please reinstall the Accessport to your truck (the map you install does not matter). Then, change your tire size back to stock. Once that is complete, uninstall your Accessport.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
View attachment 129780
I just had this happen and it cost my just under $300 for the dealer to reinstall the as built data. I used the access port to clear learned data and it dumped everything. For the record I never changed the tire size. Did you clear the as built data? Also if your trying to take it for dealer work they will know that there was a aftermarket tuner. It said specifically aftermarket tuner removed 88 key cycles ago.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this happen and it cost my just under $300 for the dealer to reinstall the as built data. I used the access port to clear learned data and it dumped everything. For the record I never changed the tire size. Did you clear the as built data? Also if your trying to take it for dealer work they will know that there was a aftermarket tuner. It said specifically aftermarket tuner removed 88 key cycles ago.

It worked for me☺️. I reinstalled the Cobb, reset the tire size back to 33.2 (I changed before to 34.4) and uninstalled. All the codes are gone!
The Cobb Suport is one of the best supports I ever deal with.

Can’t wait to put the Cobb back!!

Personally, I think the COBB is the best thing that ever happen to Raptor. Without it it’s like sex with ******..

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did they show you this?

They showed me what was displayed on their computer. It said something along the lines of lost communication with “this” 62 cycles ago. Which can be anything. It didn’t specifically say tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a standard SAE pid for the number of key cycles/ignition cycles since the last module reset. An ECU reset will occur following an ECU flash (like an install/change map/uninstall with the Accessport), but also through disconnecting the battery terminals for a few minutes or using a handheld code reader to reset the ECU. In most cases, this pid will be what dealership technicians will reference when asking about whether or not the vehicle has been tuned if and when the number is 'suspiciously' low given mileage or age. As in cdurbin's experience above, this pid does not store any information about what sort of device commanded the reset. This is not to say that Ford - or any other modern OE manufacturer - lacks the capability to detect a previously installed tune, but in our experience the first check for a tune is done through this pid.

Booth9999 - Should you have problems like this in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on the forums or through our customer service department. We are here to help and hopefully save unnecessary trips to the dealership and/or dollars spent. Also, to answer your earlier question, we do not clear as-built data from any module under any conditions.

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the v103 ots maps for 2017 raptor? For some reason when I updated all my accessport sw and fw I also updated my map pack to the v104, since I have installed the v104 the rough idle had returned that went away after the new plugs were installed. It only started happening after the new v104 map was installed. Thanks to anyone that can provide the v103 map packs for stage 1

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have the v103 ots maps for 2017 raptor? For some reason when I updated all my accessport sw and fw I also updated my map pack to the v104, since I have installed the v104 the rough idle had returned that went away after the new plugs were installed. It only started happening after the new v104 map was installed. Thanks to anyone that can provide the v103 map packs for stage 1

There are actually no changes for the 2017 Raptor OTS maps between v103 and v104, so reverting back to a v103 will not fix the idle roughness. These map revision numbers were just increased to stay in line with other model year Raptor OTS maps that did receive changes (for v104, that was only 2018 Stage 2 91/93).

I would suggest driving the truck for a few days to see if the behavior persists, and whether or not it happens under certain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity), or under certain driving conditions (cold-start, hot-start). Some roughness at idle is considered normal by the dealership/factory calibration.

Also as an FYI, whenever you update the firmware of your Accessport, any new revisions of OTS maps will automatically be downloaded and made available for you to use.