GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I get one I'll update. As long as it does what its supposed to I don't expect any gains

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s talk shop...

What did you find was your limit to building more power? I’m assuming you optimized the air fuel ratio and pushed the timing and tried to increase the turbo shaft speed for more boost, earlier in the RPM range? I haven’t seen anyone really push more than 22 psi as the turbo shafts are already buzzing like crazy. Was that your experience? Did you start to run into Ford’s Knock Modifier as you pushed the timing? Does the software give you access to those tables? Are you able to make the factory knock modifier more or less aggressive?

Id love to get an insiders perspective and your tune is as good as any I’ve ever seen.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let’s talk shop...

What did you find was your limit to building more power? I’m assuming you optimized the air fuel ratio and pushed the timing and tried to increase the turbo shaft speed for more boost, earlier in the RPM range? I haven’t seen anyone really push more than 22 psi as the turbo shafts are already buzzing like crazy. Was that your experience? Did you start to run into Ford’s Knock Modifier as you pushed the timing? Does the software give you access to those tables? Are you able to make the factory knock modifier more or less aggressive?

Id love to get an insiders perspective and your tune is as good as any I’ve ever seen.

Yup, all of those things...good call!

We do have access to those tables. The factory KOM table is modified from 0.000 to 1.000 after a reset. This is done because you can tune for the type of fuel you have, no need for it to 'learn' up to 1.000, you can start at full power. I love how ford has fuel learning (inferred octane), it may come into play if you ever get bad fuel.

My map makes 23-24psi, most of the time making 22.5psi. That little bit of extra torque is nice.

We really benefit from tuning being at 4500' elevation, also having bad fuel. I'm actually very happy with how much power I made on 91. Close to some of the 93oct charts I've seen!

Thanks a lot man!

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a stock or a bolt on ecoboost there really isn't much to do with fuel mixture or even spark lead. the current ford ecm is powerful and ford's logic is very good. widebands, closed loop fueling at WOT, automatically adding or removing spark as needed, etc all just part of the stock logic.....

the calibration improvements come with managing commanded torque values and managing limiters appropriately. you just guide it where you want it.

with cams, bigger turbos, etc then you will find out who can tune. anyone have cams, bigger turbos, stroker motors, or anything bigger than just downpipes and turbo adapters (which is all I am running lol)?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
on a stock or a bolt on ecoboost there really isn't much to do with fuel mixture or even spark lead. the current ford ecm is powerful and ford's logic is very good. widebands, closed loop fueling at WOT, automatically adding or removing spark as needed, etc all just part of the stock logic.....

the calibration improvements come with managing commanded torque values and managing limiters appropriately. you just guide it where you want it.

with cams, bigger turbos, etc then you will find out who can tune. anyone have cams, bigger turbos, stroker motors, or anything bigger than just downpipes and turbo adapters (which is all I am running lol)?

Thats not entirely true. A stock truck will run Air-Fuel Ratios into the 9s...way too rich. Lean it out a full point and there is power to be had. The truck will only add up to X degrees of timing, you want to get the base timing as close to what you'd like to run.

Torque management is definitely a big deal, lots and lots of limiters. You are correct on that.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not entirely true. A stock truck will run Air-Fuel Ratios into the 9s...way too rich. Lean it out a full point and there is power to be had. The truck will only add up to X degrees of timing, you want to get the base timing as close to what you'd like to run.

Torque management is definitely a big deal, lots and lots of limiters. You are correct on that.

In the 9s maybe with cat over temp protection but not with it disabled. You can't properly tune an airflow model with cat over temp turned on anyways. with my downpipes I don't run it. stock lambda commands .82 and that's what I get.....that's more like low 12s, definitely not 9. I mean if your AFR was in the 9s or even 10 then it's way off ideal. with direct injection you are especially going to wash down your cylinders and ruin your engine and even run into fuel knock. you need to run a DI motor way leaner than a port motor or you can hurt it. I also recommend changing the split between DI and PI on these applications.

the truck will add timing on it's own all the way up to mbt or knock, whichever comes first. maybe you don't get knock issues at altitude but it will knock pretty fast here. you can even add spark past MBT before it might knock but then you aren't producing more power anyways.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The torque management really affects the truck for sure.

The way I understand it... there are tables for drive shaft speed as it relates to throttle tip in even.... to try to prevent the drive train from clunking.

You’re making a lot of boost! Are you able to log inferred turbo speed with the Accessport tuning software? I’d be curious how fast you’re spinning.

My AFR is a lot leaner than 10:1... up to 14.5:1

Right now at sea level. You weren’t able to lean it out further?

QUOTE="wgr73, post: 1322638, member: 28733"]Thats not entirely true. A stock truck will run Air-Fuel Ratios into the 9s...way too rich. Lean it out a full point and there is power to be had. The truck will only add up to X degrees of timing, you want to get the base timing as close to what you'd like to run.

Torque management is definitely a big deal, lots and lots of limiters. You are correct on that.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In the 9s maybe with cat over temp protection but not with it disabled. You can't properly tune an airflow model with cat over temp turned on anyways. with my downpipes I don't run it. stock lambda commands .82 and that's what I get.....that's more like low 12s, definitely not 9. I mean if your AFR was in the 9s or even 10 then it's way off ideal. with direct injection you are especially going to wash down your cylinders and ruin your engine and even run into fuel knock. you need to run a DI motor way leaner than a port motor or you can hurt it. I also recommend changing the split between DI and PI on these applications.

the truck will add timing on it's own all the way up to mbt or knock, whichever comes first. maybe you don't get knock issues at altitude but it will knock pretty fast here. you can even add spark past MBT before it might knock but then you aren't producing more power anyways.

Logging my truck I ran 10.19 @ 6000rpm and 9.99 at 6200, stock. PI/DI is no longer stock.

I'm aware of how timing changes work, and timing changes in this application added power. The KOM was also never 1in stock form, it was mostly .8...no good for power (as shown by the stock dyno run).

Tuning this truck with load/torque limits moved out of the way, fuel changes, and timing changes produced the dyno chart in the OP. More power will be added with a higher ethanol blend very soon, no changes to boost, but changes will be made to fuel and timing.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The torque management really affects the truck for sure.

The way I understand it... there are tables for drive shaft speed as it relates to throttle tip in even.... to try to prevent the drive train from clunking.

You’re making a lot of boost! Are you able to log inferred turbo speed with the Accessport tuning software? I’d be curious how fast you’re spinning.

Yes I can log inferred speed

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logging my truck I ran 10.19 @ 6000rpm and 9.99 at 6200, stock. PI/DI is no longer stock.

I'm aware of how timing changes work, and timing changes in this application added power. The KOM was also never 1in stock form, it was mostly .8...no good for power (as shown by the stock dyno run).

Tuning this truck with load/torque limits moved out of the way, fuel changes, and timing changes produced the dyno chart in the OP. More power will be added with a higher ethanol blend very soon, no changes to boost, but changes will be made to fuel and timing.

On 91 that's what I would expect. Don't have 91 here.

also you should really watch your IAT's over 20psi, especially 22. you might find find you don't make the power you think you do past a couple dyno pulls, like if you were using the truck as intended.

I am running a flex fuel tune as well, of course you will love the results.