GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent thread, it's nice to see independent testing done to show actual performance achieved. It's great that you have shown what the tune alone can achieve. Will you be posting as you install the other mods so we can track the gains? I think it would be interesting to see how the intake and tune improve performance, followed by the other mods.

So correct me if I'm wrong. Using the accessport you made changes to the COBB tune?

If so would you mind posting the changes made?
Does the accessport provide warning if you are making a potentially dangerous change in parameters?

Thanks again for the thread.

Thanks for the kind words man!

I will definitely be posting my findings with the other modifications I install. I have a COBB intake here in my garage waiting to go on.

You are correct, as of right now the only modification is installing the Accessport and creating a custom map for it.

I can't post my changes I'm sorry! I would if I could.

I doesn't provide warning but as a pro tuner I can tell when the truck isn't happy. There are certain parameters I log that give me an indication if I've went too far on boost/timing/afr/cam timing etc.. Once I see the car give me negative feedback I'll revert changes or even turn it down a couple notches.

I appreciate the feedback!

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the looks of it your truck seemed to fit on the dyno with no issues. I should clarify... you didn’t have to go to a different tire setup to fit on the dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hung off the edge a little bit. I've seen a few of them do that though

Those look like Venonrex wheels, what’s the offset? I’m running RRW RR2 with a 0 offset, so I’m just curious on the offset and its relation to the overhang on the dyno. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who notices that the peak torque gain is 24 percent? Using Cobb’s own logic, we can all see that dyno reads really high on the torque curve. Look at your stock run. Your gains are good. They’re just not exceptional. They’re about what everyone is able to get.

There is no magic formula. That’s the limit to the truck. Without additional hardware modifications.... that’s about the best any tuner can do. So I commend you on matching the other professionals.

Not to be a drag, but I’ll always be the voice of truth and reason for those who may not know.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For reference.

MPT is 24 percent torque gain and 25 percent horsepower gain.

They made a little more horsepower because their run is on 93 octane. That’s generally what we see.

Best wishes

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Am I the only one who notices that the peak torque gain is 24 percent? Using Cobb’s own logic, we can all see that dyno reads really high on the torque curve. Look at your stock run. Your gains are good. They’re just not exceptional. They’re about what everyone is able to get.

There is no magic formula. That’s the limit to the truck. Without additional hardware modifications.... that’s about the best any tuner can do. So I commend you on matching the other professionals.

Not to be a drag, but I’ll always be the voice of truth and reason for those who may not know.

Thanks Guy, I appreciate your honest feedback!

No magic formula, I agree. We have 91oct where I am..and it’s not that good. I think the gains are great given the quality of our fuel here.

What I really wanted to showcase is now we have another great product on the market that can match or better other products that have been on the market for years. In my personal opinion, it’s the best tuning solution for the Raptor and will only get better. The support that comes along with anything COBB offers is stellar. And the professional tuning network is as well.

Thanks for always giving the community honest feedback, it’s guys like you who help new guys get on the right path!

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For reference.

MPT is 24 percent torque gain and 25 percent horsepower gain.

They made a little more horsepower because their run is on 93 octane. That’s generally what we see.

Best wishes

This guy on MPT payroll?? Every COBB post has included him doubting its ability and then throwing the MPT name into conversation. Not trying to start anything but it’s just what I’m seeing. I’m not bias either way but for a product that was released 4 days ago only time will tell if it’s the real deal.

Great work on getting us some dyno numbers for those of us that usually have to follow what manufacturers say.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice gains, I installed mine last night and it definitely feels like a different truck. I love how responsive it is, I like being able to monitor certain things while driving too. Question for you being a pro tuner - is there a gauge setting to monitor trans temp? I could not find it off the gauge list to save my life last night. Is it possibly abbreviated under something else? I tow a lot and would like to have the trans temp read out on the AP. Thanks and nice work!!!

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice gains, I installed mine last night and it definitely feels like a different truck. I love how responsive it is, I like being able to monitor certain things while driving too. Question for you being a pro tuner - is there a gauge setting to monitor trans temp? I could not find it off the gauge list to save my life last night. Is it possibly abbreviated under something else? I tow a lot and would like to have the trans temp read out on the AP. Thanks and nice work!!!

You can monitor trans temp on the dash. The 4 gauges on top of instrument cluster... the far right gauge can be toggled between boost pressure and trans temp through Truck Info > Gauge Selection