Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Clunky Eibachs- Sanity Check Needed

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by LF2020, Jan 11, 2020.

1. alcoolaid

alcoolaid Full Access Member

Mine made lots of noises when the shocks were topping out over bumps. After a few weeks of driving it’s much better now. Let them break in and enjoy :)

2. LF2020

LF2020 Member

You’re saying all the right things to back me off the ledge. I appreaciate the feedback.

3. PlaynCA

PlaynCA Member

Mine made a noise at top out not long after Eibach install, front wheels were off the ground after dip, but it wasn’t excessively loud or harsh, hasn’t done it since.
    The lower shock mount ( to LCA) is supposed to be 406 lb ft. If not tight enough, I would think that could cause noise...if that is the problem, might be able to see some marks on the shock mount or LCA if it is moving. I used a torque wrench and torque multiplier to reach spec, not sure how shops normally torque that bolt.

4. GLOCK26

GLOCK26 Full Access Member

I have eibachs also and hear the same noise when going over speed bumps.

5. SCMike

SCMike Full Access Member

I experienced the same thing when I installed Eibachs on my 19. After a month or so and 1-2k miles, they totally settled in and I no longer have this issue. Seems they just need a little time to break in. Best thing to do is just go out and run them hard off road for a day or two