Clunky Eibachs- Sanity Check Needed *Update*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanMenace

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for thoughts from those with eibachs on their 19+. I just installed mine on a 20’ and they're more firm than stock but that’s not a complaint. However they make a really harsh top-out sound and feeling when going over speed bumps and off-road. It’s to the point where it feels and sounds like the springs are moving around in the buckets. The suspension was a lot more quiet and settled when stock. I can’t decide if this is just the result of the stiffer spring rate, install issue, or what. I’m considering going back to stock springs on a collar to get the same ride height without the clunks...

I love the eibachs but I have the damn clunk noise on the front left only. I don't think the shock reached top travel. Also checked the spring aligned on the spring perches during install. Thinking re-torque the lower shock mount with a giant torque wrench to 405 ft-lbs next weekend and see if the noise goes away.

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

No spring should ever need to "break in" or "settle in" for noises to go away. Springs will make noise when not seated properly, not installed properly, not torqued down properly, etc etc. Assuming you don't have some weird rare defect then it is more then likely an installation problem. Take it back to whoever did it and ask them to fix it. Ask the thousands and thousands of people that have installed lowering springs on their cars properly if the springs needed to "settle in" for noise to go away. Anytime anyone has a noise, its almost always due to installation error.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the factory upper spring cup/isolator fit right on the Eibach’s or Geisers? I have always thought it does and normally you don’t buy something else to install in its place after removing the factory coils.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the factory upper spring cup/isolator fit right on the Eibach’s or Geisers? I have always thought it does and normally you don’t buy something else to install in its place after removing the factory coils.
From the Installation Instructions:
All original stock spring isolators, dampers and tubing should be retained from the stock springs and used when installing the PRO-LIFT Springs.