Clunking sound - New issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, the bushings just go out. Kanarky had it also. I have a new set in my basement cause my bushings are shot also. Just too lazy to install them. Was going to go with camburg but after 2 months of constant "2 week" delays I canceled and just went stock. Mine lasted 60k miles

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for the info. So it sounds like having a UCA that puts caster in the 7.0 range probably didn't cause this?

Happy that its being covered under warranty even with ICON 3.0's and Rogue UCA and a slight bent lower control arm bracket (on the passenger side). Only at 22k miles.

I called Camburg today to ask them about their UCA 1.25 (non-adjustable) because their website also states that it increases caster. Spoke with Carlos and he said theirs increases caster about 2.5 degrees over spec. That puts theirs in the 7.0 range too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well new update, Dealer called this morning and now is saying the UCA is the issue, not the LCA. Sounds like the uni-ball joint is the issue. I immediately responded that I need to compensate them for their time as he already pointed out that it was an after-market UCA. Said $60. Can't beat that, thought they were going to nail me for hundreds.

Makes sense though, the noise happened after TRR and I had those installed before TRR.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Update: Found what the issue was or could of been but the issue is completely resolved now. No more noise when braking, turning hard right at speed and slow speed turning left.

Took it back to TMX who installed the UCA's. They found that the heim's were at angle and not straight to be vertical on the mounting. They also loosened everything up and took it to an alignment shop. Took them 3 hours to get it aligned within spec (even though I never got the paperwork on it to confirm). Once that was done, no more noise. Plus it drives straighter than it has in a while. TMX charged me nothing to diagnose and fix the issue but I did have to pay the alignment shop. I have a firestone and NTB alignment that would of covered it but TMX said they wouldn't of taken the time to get the alignment done correctly. I had no issue paying the independent alignment shop knowing the issue is finally fixed!

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm having a similar issue. I notice when accelerating that the truck feels as though the weight shifts to the back, I feel it once at initial acceleration and 1/2 the time I feel it for a 2nd time. If I accelerate hard and let off the gas I hear this metal noise sounding like something underneath is grinding and the weight shifts back to the front.

My install guy checked the rear of the truck suspension and greased a few spots but didn't help. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Glad yours got worked out Rick!

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm having a similar issue. I notice when accelerating that the truck feels as though the weight shifts to the back, I feel it once at initial acceleration and 1/2 the time I feel it for a 2nd time. If I accelerate hard and let off the gas I hear this metal noise sounding like something underneath is grinding and the weight shifts back to the front...

Have you mentioned this to your dealer, Qcfx2? If not, it might be a good next step. Take your tech on a test drive so you can demonstrate the weight shifting for them. What's your truck's model year/mileage?

Crystal