Clunking sound - New issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I know there are several threads on clunking sound but mine seems different. Yes I hear it when I am backing up out of my drive way turning since there is dip down on it and when I run across an indention in the road going straight and also in a parking lot at slow speeds turning hard left to get into a spot.

BUT, I hear it every single time when I step on the brakes on a smooth surface just going straight. It's like when the weight of the truck is shifting forward when braking. It seems to be coming from the drivers side and it seems like I can feel it in my left foot.

Been going on for a month or so. Only change to suspension was the day before TRR, I got an aftermarket UCA installed and my caster is near 7.0. I didn't hear any issues for several weeks after TRR.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I have ICON's so the lower shock mount bolt is torque to 120ft*lbs

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hey Rick, I was getting the same sound from the Driver's side and could feel it happening in my foot. Mine would only do it when I was turning in a parking lot near full lock or at full lock. It turned out to be the lower control arm bolts being loose. Tighten them and check alignment.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Hey Rick, I was getting the same sound from the Driver's side and could feel it happening in my foot. Mine would only do it when I was turning in a parking lot near full lock or at full lock. It turned out to be the lower control arm bolts being loose. Tighten them and check alignment.

I have all those bolts marked with marker paint. The marks are not broken.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
check the caliper bolts and the caliper hanger bolts If you hear it every time during bracking you might have a loose caliper and its clunking.