Car seat marks in leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lay down a microfiber towel. That has worked well. I have the Recaro seats in mine.

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Remove it often and the difference is I don’t have marks like yours.
Yeah well tough when you got 1 after the other lol, I wound up buying additional foam padding to put underneath, I think vacuum may help a lil bit well see, but thing is my son weighs 68 lbs & the seat is heavy as hell too- other side not as bad since it has a metal support bracket & it’s got a 2 year old lol.

Funny thing is- I had same seat on 2018 raptor for few years no issue

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah well tough when you got 1 after the other lol, I wound up buying additional foam padding to put underneath, I think vacuum may help a lil bit well see, but thing is my son weighs 68 lbs & the seat is heavy as hell too- other side not as bad since it has a metal support bracket & it’s got a 2 year old lol.

Funny thing is- I had same seat on 2018 raptor for few years no issue
Wait week or so, it will come back. Take a picture of it every morning for the next year or so and you will see the difference. :smiley-face-popcorn

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a booster seat, adaptable seat, and a cradle base (for our three sons) all installed tight as I could get them on my 2019. Might have taken them out 6 times total. Always had the Amazon vinyl car seat protectors (with the front mesh pockets) installed. The bench seat looked pretty rough when we took them all out, but You could barely see any dents when I traded it in two weeks later. By the time the dealer took pics and listed my truck there were no visible imprints from the seats.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used a seat protector similar to colticus for several years on my Volvo leather seats. No marks at all. I think it was from Bed, Bath, and beyond. It was made to be waterproof and catch spills, and was really solid (like a stiff plastic) under the car seat. I had 3 kids at once in those stupid seats! Worked awesome. Maybe take a look at a different car seat, mine were fairly flat on the bottom.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had booster seat for 3 years and no marks when removed I used a seat protector under, mine is the orange accent package. I have seen deformed f'ed up seats in my life as a ford dealership tech so I bought those seat protector before buying the truck

OP
OP
B

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seats in my 2020 def seem softer (when you’re sitting in em in a good way) than the ones in my 2018, I also feel like in the center seat portion there’s more leather/less tightly stretched around the cushion compared to the 2018, not sure if that has something to do w/ going to the fabrics side bolstering w/ leather trim?

Yeah I have a few different covers im
Going to try out including a thick rubber/foam cushion for the bigger guy.

Thanks for the replies- and to people saying “take em out once in a while” - I’ve take em out, only had the damn truck a year this November lol!? How many times ya take em out a year when you’re using em every day? I’ve done it 3x whenever I was doing a thorough cleaning of this last time when I wanted to give my dog more space & that’s when I noticed it.

So I’ve taken em out 3x & they both had protective covers including the exact one mentioned in the thread. Possibly take this as a PSA that certain seats in these trucks may need extra protection than just a standard seat protector I suppose.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seats in my 2020 def seem softer (when you’re sitting in em in a good way) than the ones in my 2018, I also feel like in the center seat portion there’s more leather/less tightly stretched around the cushion compared to the 2018, not sure if that has something to do w/ going to the fabrics side bolstering w/ leather trim?

Yeah I have a few different covers im
Going to try out including a thick rubber/foam cushion for the bigger guy.

Thanks for the replies- and to people saying “take em out once in a while” - I’ve take em out, only had the damn truck a year this November lol!? How many times ya take em out a year when you’re using em every day? I’ve done it 3x whenever I was doing a thorough cleaning of this last time when I wanted to give my dog more space & that’s when I noticed it.

So I’ve taken em out 3x & they both had protective covers including the exact one mentioned in the thread. Possibly take this as a PSA that certain seats in these trucks may need extra protection than just a standard seat protector I suppose.
I feel your pain! I hated those kid's seats. I get that they are much safer, but what a pain. My kids were 2 weeks, 2, and 4, when I got them. Having 3 at once in them was awful. My dad had it easy, he could just have everyone crawl in the back of the Rambler station wagon and he was done.