Drivers Side Heated Seat fixed with pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A great deal of manufactures use the plastic strip across the front of the interior fabrics and acts like a hook in the grove. I have had that strip pop out in the past. It can be a ***** to get it hooked properly in the grove

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incredible job, well done! I'm curious, since you had the seat out, did you notice if there was wiring in place for the massage feature? Like a plug and play? I don't know why the regular F150s have it, and Raptors dont?
I think it is likely because Raptor owners are supposed to get butt massages by running across bumpy dunes or rough terrain at 80+ MPH ;)

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine without removing the seat. Easy job but like you mentioned those clips buried in the foam were a pain in the rear end

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Incredible job, well done! I'm curious, since you had the seat out, did you notice if there was wiring in place for the massage feature? Like a plug and play? I don't know why the regular F150s have it, and Raptors dont?

I didn't dive that deep into it, and didn't pull the back apart at all.

2ndFord

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you for the detailed Post. Hoping I don't need that wonderful description, but mine being an '18 I fear I might so I've marked your post for myself to retrieve.

I can buy the hog ring pliers from you if you're looking to unload them... My Cobra replica was built in '84, and shortly after I acquired it in 2013 the driver's seat adjuster became undone and I had to remove the seat to repair it. The release lever was held on by aluminum rivets so I just replaced them with SS ones. In the process I noticed that the webbing is quite dry-rotted, so I need to replace the webbing and thus will be in need of a hog ring pliers.

From you moniker I can tell that you're doing exactly what I'm doing right now; you're doubled-over in gut-wrenching angst, unable to eat or concentrate, just waiting for the 7:40 kickoff versus those Dawgs. This is twisting agony. Go Blue!!!