Drivers Side Heated Seat fixed with pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndFord

Reaction score
Ooops, I've seen my error. Now looked at the license plate instead of your site name. You're talking NHL, not CFP. Sorry, my bad.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From you moniker I can tell that you're doing exactly what I'm doing right now; you're doubled-over in gut-wrenching angst, unable to eat or concentrate, just waiting for the 7:40 kickoff versus those Dawgs. This is twisting agony. Go Blue!!!

Missed it by that much.....yes...I hate the dawgs......because I am a Mizzou fan......but the goblues38 is from the St Louis Blues hockey team....check my avatar.

and Michigan got OWNED by Georgia...... #25 Hassan Haskins went to Highschool with my daughter. I expected a better showing.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blues playing golf. Oh well.

nice writeup. Are you sure it wasn’t bad gas that led to frying the seat heater, kinda like a chain reaction? ;):D

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just did this, what a PITA. Now that I've done it once, could do it in about an hour. I did break a couple of the clips that are embedded into the foam seat cushion, but I kind of got them to hold. If it goes funky, I think a new cushion is about $130 or so and comes with a heat element and I'm assuming new clips... It's hot as a **** here today but I think the heat is working again! Odd there is no visible issue with the heat element I took out...

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for this write up. Almost 80K miles on my 2019, my driver side has been out for about a year. Got the part when I was in for service last week. Yesterday morning I laid a blanket in the bed/tailgate and replaced it without issue. Mine wasn't burned, but was broken. Took just over 2 hours.

That trim piece with the power seat controls SUCKS. I spent more time wiggling that thing off and putting it back on then I did anything else on that project.

hunter031789

Reaction score
Many thanks for this write up! I replaced my drivers seat heater this weekend and it works great! I found conflicting information on the part numbers. The part I used was: JL3Z-14D696-H . It fit perfectly. I have a 2018 super crew 802A.

Silverburst

Reaction score
Many thanks for this write up! I replaced my drivers seat heater this weekend and it works great! I found conflicting information on the part numbers. The part I used was: JL3Z-14D696-H . It fit perfectly. I have a 2018 super crew 802A.
I also own a 2018 802A and when I punch that part number into numerous Ford OEM stores it states that "JL3Z-14D696-H" is NOT compatible?

hunter031789

Reaction score
I also own a 2018 802A and when I punch that part number into numerous Ford OEM stores it states that "JL3Z-14D696-H" is NOT compatible?
Yep I had the same issues tracking down correct part numbers. I used this website https://parts.ford.com/ as they allowed me to enter my VIN number and had diagrams that appeared to be as correct as I could hope for. Even searching there for "seat heater pad" or "heating element" you get two part numbers as options. One is for "less appearance group" and one is for "Interior Trim Accent Pack F". My assumption is that "Interior Trim Accent Pack F" is perhaps for the Recaro leather or maybe if you get the carbon fiber package or the special accent colors on the seats? I'm really not sure what the heating element differences are but mine appeared identical and works perfectly.

My seats are the standard black/ash as seen below.PXL_20231027_124253245.jpg

JL3Z-14D696-J is the second part number, maybe you have one of these additional trim packages that makes a change to the heating element?