GEN 2 Can't lock rear Diff in 2H?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In normal driving mode and 2H, can you just press the diff lock button like stated above and keep it locked?

8ca7260888f4c103bc2cf705c0e8519a.jpg

OP
OP
P

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Pic18 have you tried to go to Baja mode then lock diff then switch the 4x4 back to 4x2? Or try Baja switch back to 4x2 then lock. I was leed to believe you could tailor the settings once you pick the mode but maybe not the locker out of 4x4?

I am fairly certain I tried both those ways and I am certain I locked it in 4H then tried switching to 2H in Baja. Once again it is possible there is some operator error but I did try several different ways. I will try again later tonight.

In response to the comment on pushing vs pulling the button. I am aware to push the button, and have been able to lock the diff in 4wd modes, the issue has been in 2wd where I have gotten an error/unavailable message.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slight edit to my post. Need someone to confirm. I hate to do it BUT...maybe Jake can try?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

In response to the comment on pushing vs pulling the button. I am aware to push the button, and have been able to lock the diff in 4wd modes, the issue has been in 2wd where I have gotten an error/unavailable message.

Are you fully off the gas? And all the other elementary questions?

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am fairly certain I tried both those ways and I am certain I locked it in 4H then tried switching to 2H in Baja. Once again it is possible there is some operator error but I did try several different ways. I will try again later tonight.

Were you trying it in the preselected terrain settings or the normal setting.

I still hope we can keep the truck in the normal or sport driving mode and lock the diff and disable traction in 2H just like before.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried normal/weather/sport > won't lock in 2H

WTF? That's disappointing, but you would think you can tune that in there

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Is it not the same locking diff in the regular F150s?