Call from dealership today - so what's up with...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
"Hello we are aggressively trying to replenish our stock of late model used F-150 models and would like to buy your truck"

"We see that you have the Raptor, would you be interested in a brand new 2012 Raptor if we worked a deal where your payment stayed the same or less than it is now?"

maybe?

:confused:

What's the real reason behind these calls?

They don't really think I believe their story that they will give me "top dollar" trade-in value because they "desperately" need used F-150's do they?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. That's a get-you-in-the-door tactic used forever by pretty much every dealer across all makes and models. Ignore it.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I did it 2 years ago when they mailed me a letter and I got a kick ass deal for trade and on my lariat! Won't hurt to see what they offer...

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a widely used sales tactic. However, often times they are able to work some great deals. If you are interested give them a call.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Hello we are aggressively trying to replenish our stock of late model used F-150 models and would like to buy your truck"

"We see that you have the Raptor, would you be interested in a brand new 2012 Raptor if we worked a deal where your payment stayed the same or less than it is now?"

maybe?

:confused:

What's the real reason behind these calls?

They don't really think I believe their story that they will give me "top dollar" trade-in value because they "desperately" need used F-150's do they?

How old are you?? This is the oldest trick well one of them in the book....

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Just got a letter that said the same exact thing, straight to the garbage can it went.
Don't do it....5.4L's RULE!! :)

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got one too a couple months ago. They said something along the lines of, "Since we know the maintenance record of your vehicle, and due to high demand we can give you top dollar for your 2011 Raptor."

I thought about it for a quick second and then tossed it.

The only thing they've done for me is tire rotations, balance and alignments (so far)