Call from dealership today - so what's up with...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
My mom just got a call about her can similar to this. She told em "trust me, you don't want this thing back"

It's a 2010
It's got 260k Kms
Windshield all cracked to shit (huge rock sent shards of glass all over the dash)
An worn shocks.
Yeah I'm sure the dealer would just love to have it back!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Ironman great video loved seeing all those Raptors drag racing on sand, very cool. Did you ever figure out what gave you the edge over the 6.2 and even over the other 5.4, were you shifting manually or in T/H, or are you not willing to give up your secret lol! You definitely had something on your side that day.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
vanilla_gorilla said:
See, proof, the 5.4s play dirty. ;)

More proof, I don't see any 5.4 user names? :ROFLJest:

Well dammit I will change mine to Aarons5.4 just to spite you haha

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's amazing the tricks they play to try to get people into the dealership.

I saw a local dealer TV commercial yesterday that said "Come in today to take advantage of our 50% off sale. Yes, that's right! We give you 50% off the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Markup! That's 50% off!" I had to rewind the DVR to see it again. What the heck does that mean? I'm guessing they take the difference between invoice and sticker and give the buyer 50% off of that amount. :insane:

yep. the key was "markup". most people don't pay that close attention.

Dealers work in volume. you are getting a "we are low on F150s" while someone else is getting a "we are low of F250s" or "we are getting low on Fiestas"....

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Wow! Ironman great video loved seeing all those Raptors drag racing on sand, very cool. Did you ever figure out what gave you the edge over the 6.2 and even over the other 5.4, were you shifting manually or in T/H, or are you not willing to give up your secret lol! You definitely had something on your side that day.

Just normal stuff engaged. Had CAI and 5star tune and that was it.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Why do you think 5.4L's RULE over 6.2L's? Just wondering because I have always heard the opposite.

Oh you haven't heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard...

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.