CA Ford Dealers - Gen 3’s Sitting at Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the end, why does anyone care about how one spends his/her money?
They worked for it (or didn’t, doesn’t matter) and they use it as they please. They’re not making the market any worse (or better) for anyone. The market is what it is and will be for the foreseeable future.
We’re all happy to sell our used cars/trucks for more money (or same) as what we paid for a couple years back.
Life is good - besides the fact that I’m still waiting for my truck :p
That’s fair! Since you clearly don’t give a rat’s @$$ about giving the dealer a 5-10k ADM (perhaps more), how bout throwing 5k my way while you’re at it. Life is good…right?:p

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s fair! Since you clearly don’t give a rat’s @$$ about giving the dealer a 5-10k ADM (perhaps more), how bout throwing 5k my way while you’re at it. Life is good…right?:p
Turns out my deposit is on a MSRP deal (actually they’re forcing me to buy some bs tracking device for $600, IKON or something, total bs).
So let’s be serious, what will you do for me for $5K. Maybe we can entertain something… jk

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 21’ Gen 3 Leadfoot for about 1.5 months now and have been out of the search/pricing scams. Hoping this may help anyone in Southern California still trying to locate a vehicle.

Encinitas Ford has a Leadfoot sitting and waiting for someone. When I tried to work a deal with them in August their ADM was $20k. Not sure if anything has changed at this point, but maybe someone will get lucky.

Well Im in So Cal and tried to deal with Encinitas many times. They claimed they would match my quote from a dealer in 2019. They were dishonest in their sales practices with me. They still email me sales crap and told them to stop and blocked them. This dealer isn’t worth the time. Let the sucker buy it!

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out my deposit is on a MSRP deal (actually they’re forcing me to buy some bs tracking device for $600, IKON or something, total bs).
So let’s be serious, what will you do for me for $5K. Maybe we can entertain something… jk
Interesting you make mention of a msrp deal. Good on you. Agreed, people have the ‘freedom’ to spend their money legally how they please. Does one’s wealth justify their decisions…maybe. Maybe not. Depends on your method of life. Whether or not you choose to live a life of principle and what those might be. This gets complicated fast obviously. Personally, I see a down side to rushing to pay an adm to other would be Raptor owners just as clearly as I see no justifiable reason to force someone not to do so. Integrity involved in such a decision you ask… perhaps. Otoh, a buyer gets one at msrp and then turns around and flips it for a profit means I have no point and that torques me as much as anything in this conversation so it does get rendered moot pretty quickly. However, the early adopter rush is entertaining and informative. So like capitalism has it off to the races and good luck. I wouldn’t revert to not having the option under the ‘other’ type of government.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do these dealerships jack the ADM's and wait? Simple, if they were going to make say 3K profit at MSRP and can stand to make 20-30K then let that baby sit for months. If it take 6 months and they make 15K, still worth it. Eventually it will sell. Some people have a vanity streak that they want to be the first. Hey look at me, I have the newest {auto} and everyone knows it expensive or desirable. When was the last time you saw an ADM on a Ford Focus or Toyota Camry :p.

People need to realize that money you spend is all retaliative. You talk about mchurch0211 throwing his money away on a ADM then why don't you head over to the Standard F-150 forum. You talk Raptor over there and you will be the ******* throwing your money away on a 80K F-150 when they just bought a 40K XL F-150 on 84 months of payments and still trying to figure out how to mod features that come on the more expensive truck. I am sure every single person here has had no problem spending money on something some people would find crazy. Have you ever spent 5K on a bottle of wine? Me hell know, but to a person who can spend 5k and not even know he/she spent it then yea.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No wine, ever made, is worth $5k, but there are apparently many available at that price and higher.
Here in CA the ADMs are astronomical, and our local Stealership (supposedly the largest Raptor dealer in the world, they say) is asking $30K ADM for a 37. It's been there a while and likely will remain.
In 2018 I stopped by there and was ready to pay their MSRP - no way, they insisted on a minimum of $7k ADM.
I eventually bought from Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO, for $2k UNDER MSRP.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The dealer ADM is a game. They shoot for the moon. You "beat them down" until they make you feel good about "only" paying and extra $10k. If they don't ask for a $50k ADM they won't get it. In SoCal especially, there are too many fools with extremely deep pockets. The old saying applies. A fool and his money are soon parted.