Bypass rack - 3.5s or 4.0s???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good! I like that setup a lot more than the stand up spare option.

Thanks @Raptizzle I wanted to still be able to use most of my bed from time to time and that just isn't possible with the standup, I can still have two spares with this version by stacking them so I'm really not missing out on anything and keeping useable bedspace. I have an svc bed support coming and I need to figure out where I'm going to mount a floor jack and space for my cooler and I'll be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A leaf spung raptor is going to have a hard enough time heating up 3.5's let alone 4.0's. I'd appropriate the difference in money elsewhere in your build and stick with the 3.5's. Doubtful you'll benefit any noticeable difference between the two setups.

Yeeeahhhh..... I don't have a problem heating up my 3.5s, to the point I might switch to 4.0s, but then I'll probably just chop the back half off first.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And now I need a cigarette...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol thanks, still work to do, I can gain another half inch of up uptravel switching from the icon bumps to the svc abs kit and I'm thinking about switching the shackles out from 1.5" to 2"

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol thanks, still work to do, I can gain another half inch of up uptravel switching from the icon bumps to the svc abs kit and I'm thinking about switching the shackles out from 1.5" to 2"

Nice...that's exactly why I switched the bumpstop. I just sold it and bought the SVC setup. You got me convinced on the bedrack as well, like that setup preferably over the v1. The 4.0s look awesome though!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice...that's exactly why I switched the bumpstop. I just sold it and bought the SVC setup. You got me convinced on the bedrack as well, like that setup preferably over the v1. The 4.0s look awesome though!

Yeah you gain uptravel by removing the collar on the icon kit, but there's more to be had by switching. The v1 rack is cool and has space for the jack and other stuff, but the v2 is less intrusive and you can run it empty for maximum bedspace, I'm def glad I went that way.