Bump stop issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm considering a different stop altogether. Something with a shorter travel. I never intend on jumping this thing but do Hit the occasional field at families property.
I mean you don’t need those air bumps at all from the sound of your use. Just get some new own ones and your problem is solved. I’m sure someone will pick those up from you quick.
Just to clarify you don’t have any issue with the truck. The sound and contact is the nature of this style bump. You can put a piece of thick plastic on the bump plate if you really wanted. But again doesn’t sound like there is any issue here.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine can't move unless they shear a few extremely large grade eight bolts. There's no way. It isn't my bumps that move, but my housings containing the bump stops.
This kit: https://offroadalliance.com/products/svc-offroad-raptor-adjustable-bump-stop-system

Anyway, yeah, if OP's aren't adjustable that sucks. I just wasn't sure based on the picture. That constant impact on the bumps would drive me crazy. Only solution I can see is to switch them out, and that's not a small thing.
Ah yes I missed up the kits for a second there is one that just holds the air bumps the svc kit looks solid for sure. Just not 100% the cost is warranted for his intended use.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
Man I wish it was adjustable. Because a whole new adjustable setup is what 1500$? That's the other thing I've learned with these trucks nothing is cheap on them because you don't want to put just any garbage on it.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
No other issues with the truck. And now I know that this bump stop contact is normal. Manufacturer websites at least a couple of them claim that they are last resorts but all the forums that I've read that is simply not true.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
I might go without them all together untill I figure out what to replace them with and come up with the extra $$. But getting those out of that sleeve is a whole other story. I tried to remove one today, barely tried, and it's gonna be tough. I'm guessing I will have to remove the entire cross member to get them out.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you get a chance post up some pics of the truck. Welcome to the place and congrats on the raptor . So far all we know is you have some custom suspension on your Prius lol

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that the stock shocks and the leaf springs that are on the truck are designed to use their travel for your driving conditions. The stock shocks are meant to travel to give a softer ride and the progressive springs you have on your truck are going to be initially softer than the stock spring setup that is pretty hard and causes the back to want to step out during its travel. Larger shocks will adjust how much of the energy the truck has during travel into heat therefore causing less articulation over what you consider a small bump. The suspension setup as it is is working as intended and the bump stops are doing what they are designed to do. I'm not sure if you would have hit the stock bump pads but there is the distinct possibility that it could have bottomed out due to the available damping and the softer leaf pack. Just my .02