Bump stop issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
I know you guys have heard it a million times and I've only had it a year but it is absolutely the best vehicle I've ever owned. With that being said all I've ever owned is f-150s.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 05 f150 screw that I was contemplating taking the plunge and mid-traveling it with glass fenders and bedsides when a guy at my squadron mentioned he was selling my current truck and it was a no brainer. It would have been around 20k over the price of this truck to do a supercharged 6.2 swap into my old truck because I wasn't a fan of the 5.4 in the 05. Didn't help that the scab gen 1 raptor has been my dream vehicle since it debuted (plus the wife liked it)...

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
That very thing has not left my mind for awhile now. Although I'm happy with the power this truck delivers even with high miles what would it be like supercharged? ProChargers are made in about 30 miles from me but your talking 8000$ minimum. But you're also talking 600+ horsepower. Be worth every penny. But then again would the drive line handle it? Pistons, camshafts, ect.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor has the stage 2 whipple kit and it was dyno'd up here in washington at 525 at the wheels which should be about 620ish at the flywheel and it is an absolute monster, I love it. The drivetrain from my research should be fine, some say you have to upgrade the oil pump gear and others don't but I have had zero powertrain issues with the truck and neither had the other 2 owners that had it with the supercharger.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
What year is yours? And did you need a pedal commander? That's the only thing I didn't like when I got mine was it had a sluggish pedal badly. Even with a tuner it helped some but the pedal commander woke it up the way it should be.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have enough hp that if I was running a pedal commander I don't think it would have enough traction to actually go anywhere other than just burn out all the time. I don't even want to imagine trying to start on a wet road, it's bad enough already lol... (I might have to get one now that I think about it) I personally like being able to control how the truck drives with pedal effort, get into the pedal enough and the bypass valve closes and the screamy screw makes power, be nice to it and drive around like normal.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be late here, but A) some bump stop kits have adjustable height settings. You’d want them set lower for towing for example, in order to control sag. They might be set too low. B) like other users said, the bump stops still allow multiple inches of travel. They are also air bumpstops, not nitrogen filled, and air can be added or removed in order to control their action. C) you could have sagging leaf springs.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Springs look like Deaver +2
Stock 2.5 Fox shocks are ok for basic beating and street.
The Fox bump stops can be air filled - Most things can - But Nitrogen is much better NO moisture and better at controlling a constant temperature when abused.
Bump stops can be filled up to 200 -210 PSI max but it will be a hard bump when engaging.
I run mine at 110PSI
Mine are mounted in an SCV 3 position adjustable stop.
The newer Fox Bump stops are threaded for full length adjustability.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
The ones I have on there are Fox 2.5 bump stops.they make two different versions I believe I have the 4-in. I think if I swap them out with their other version which is 2 and 1/2-in that gives me a couple inches more rear suspension travel before it hits the stop.