Building a custom raptor pre runner the outlaw way..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey SPRSNK,

Do you have any thoughts on using wheel spacers in the rear to match the front width on a long travel setup like yours? I've been thinking about this lately as I consider options for my truck. While I know it would be ideal to do a full custom rear like you've done, do you think a truck could get by for a while with a good billet spacer in the rear?

Can't wait to see yours complete.

I would never run a spacer on anything that was being driven rough or hard. I am not fond of spacers in general. They serve a purpose when you have an offset wheel that doesn't match up to the brake calipers I run them on my Terlingua with the street tires/wheels on the rear only because I wanted 10" wheels on the rear for the street (they quit making the wheels for my Terlingua).

Now to answer your question about my truck specifically. My front wheel base is somewhere around a foot wider than the rear (I have never measured but you can see from the pictures the difference in wheel base). Can you imagine the size of spacer and studs I would need? :lol2: Talk about looking ******* stupid not to mention that I would sheer the studs right off. It is quite simply easier to drive it with the different wheel bases. On the street, I never feel it. The only time I feel the difference in driving it is on fast sweepers where you want to use the berm for traction or bounce the truck off the berm. I can't do that currently without the back end trying to bounce sideways. At 85-90mph in the sweepers, my truck is just scary. That is also due to my lack of experience. When I first started with the current setup, 70mph was scary.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize it was that much wider! 12" of spacer would be a pretty hilarious sight.

I've heard there are some Offroad cars and prerunners that run a 1" or 2" billet spacer, but I don't know that much about it. My current plan would only leave my front a couple inches wider, nothing as extreme as yours. I might not notice it, but want as much info as I can get up front so I appreciate the advice.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any update on the truck??

Running it in this weekends Land Rush 1000. Truck is still drivable. Some minor body work :lol2: , all is well. New cab and parts are already ordered. Full repairs and completion of my truck will commence after the run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter