Broken Chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frieder

Reaction score
Hi,
I just joined the forum searching for further information for my "broken" chassis.
I become owner of a brand new Raptor 2015 model, in December 2014.
Just three month ago I discovered a large crack on the left rear bar of the chassis and bending in the right bar at same location.
90% of driving is on road and max 10% Off Road only Sand / Dunes.
Until toady Ford is not providing any clear statement and we are still discussing. The local dealer, here in Saudi Arabia, stated, it's the first time this happens. They contacted Ford in Dearborn and I passed already the 3rd photo shooting in the workshop.
Anybody of you faced similar difficulties? Where it comes from?
See pics attached.

Attachments

• Frame left 2.jpg
    Frame left 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Frame left1.jpg
    Frame left1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Frame right 3.jpg
    Frame right 3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 75

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, there is no 2015 model btw, it is either a 2014 or earlier. Havent seen that break before myself.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
F

Frieder

Reaction score
Hi CoronaRaptor,
Thx for reply. You are right, the Pick Up manufacturing date July / August 2014,
Model 2014 F-150 4x4 Supercab, 133" Wheelbase, 6.2L 2V EFI V8 Eng, ELEC 6-Speed Auto,

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Hi Yukon Joe,
There is no contact or any connection between cab and bed. All original. I just added a rack on the bed. Placed and clamped on the upper bed border.

D

Deleted member 12951

Has it been jumped? Think Joe is asking if the bed has ever contacted the cab temporarily. Sometimes you will see a small dent in the cab where the bed might of had contact. We call it a "kiss".

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the truck on a rack and make sure the frame is straight. Then plate that area up and all should be fine.

I'd get a bumpkit for future protection. Dunes are too tempting to over jump.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They mean has the front corner of the bed HIT the back of the cab? This happens when you jump. Look around the back of the can just above the bed corners. That's where the damage would be.

OP
OP
F

Frieder

Reaction score
Thx for your fast reply. Ford assumed the same, why they asked for a third inspection and "photo shooting". They inspected the whole back site of the cabin, each single edge and the roof as well. Couldn't find anything.
What's about bumpy roads? Here in Saudi we face sometimes horrible road conditions, surface with deep pot holes and sharp speed bumpers, quit often several in a row.
Believe hitting the same with high speed could cause vibration not absorbed by the shocks and springs.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my .02?

that looks like damage from tie downs. it's isolated in that one little spot and the bottom of the oval is deformed from pressure.

the square in the last picture looks to be deformed downward as well.

my guess, someone cranked down on the frame when securing it for transport.

D

Deleted member 12951

Good detective work, looking at it again, that is exactly what it looks like.