BrandX vs BrandY vs BrandZ: WTF's up with all the cloak and dagger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's called competative pricing other wise we will wind up like the goverment paying $100 a bolt and $50 for the nut.

o-rly001.jpg_thumb.jpg

You get your competitive pricing by shopping not by asking for or getting or sharing prices openly on the internegative. Shop around and you'll see how competitive the vendors are. Furthermore, you can...

wait for it...

NEGOTIATE! :peace:

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Thread should be closed.
This can not be good for anyone.
Forums are like storefronts for the Internet and you will always
have "options" and "opinions" but its a bad call for threads about vendor bashing.

Every vendor on here has paid its way to be seen in a positive light.
unless you have invested interest its not necessary to discuss.

Oh and this is my opinion only.

carry on with your scheduled event.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Big J, I'm glad you posted this thread because something has been bothering me for some time now so let us be one of the first vendor to chime in. We have heard rumors of a mystery kit that has somehow been damaged from the cross tube bending.

I would like to put out a public call to this customer so this issue can be resolved. We will refund, exchange or make a design change if needed to make things right. Unfortunately the direct owner of this kit has NEVER contacted us. I have been told it ended up in another vendor’s possession yet we have never had the opportunity to see it first hand or speak with the customer. People spend lots of money with RPG and we take something like this very serious, so please give us the opportunity to make things right if there is indeed an issue. I would ask that you please call me personally so we can get to the bottom of this.

With that said.

Starting a business is hard enough, let alone starting one that has to compete against some of the great vendors that are out there. One vendor that I would publicly like to thank is ADD. They have been extremely welcoming to us and we look forward to the possibilities that may flourish from a positive dialog between us. Their a good group of guys over there and should be treated with respect.

I’m really not going to get into the gory details about what I’ve been hearing lately, but lets just say its stoops to a new low. What’s really upsetting about all of this is how we have had to put our guard up because of what we’ve been hearing.

I will make this public pledge right now, if anyone from RPG ever talks bad or claims non-truths about another vendor’s product then please call us out on it. We have done everything in our power to keep our heads down, make a better product and treat you all the way we expect to be treated. Remember, I was one of you guys, long before I was the forum face of RPG. We are all for friendly competition, it benefits all of us in the end. Better products result from it, better customer service and support, and ultimately a better Raptor and user experience. At the end of the day, it’s all about advancing the Raptor platform and enjoying every minute of it.

What really sickens me is to listen to the rumor mill and know that we have been personally impacted by some of these claims trying to sway people away from RPG. We understand it’s impossible to gains everybody’s business and support, but the hardest thing for me to digest is someone judging us, or any other vendor based on anything other than the merits of their products and customer service.

Since this is all new to most of you, however not new to us. We have taken measures over the past month to make sure we have contacted the vast majority of our client base to check up on the status of their trucks. I’m very please to announce we have yet to here 1 ounce of negative feedback. This in of it self is rather impressive when you take into consideration that if you combine our trucks, plus all of our customers rigs there is conservatively over 100,000 miles of collective beatings on RPG parts. I wish I was at liberty to release total sales figures, but the number of 100K miles is very conservative when you add them all up.

Also, for those that have been testing with us in the desert, it’s no secret that if any truck would have been broke in half by now; it would have been our own. Yet she is still running perfect and better than the day we torqued down the first bolt.

Ultimately we would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have supported us through this adventure. We truly welcome both positive and constructive feedback from everybody. We will never grow as a company without it.

Thanks again and remember,

“When in doubt, throttle out”

RPG

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats me flying low over the entire Barstow Desert.

I like buzzing the tower

IMG_3851-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

IMG_3836.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Super High Res. If you want more let the Maverick or Goose know.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats me flying low over the entire Barstow Desert.

I like buzzing the tower

IMG_3851-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

IMG_3836.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Super High Res. If you want more let the Maverick or Goose know.

Lol,

I think we should use your truck next time.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My personal experience. I've dealt with about a third of the vendors on FRF and have been extremely impressed with the level of professionalism, quality of products, and responsiveness/helpfulness before and after the sale.

And my next purchase will be from RPG.:word:

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan and INI, I understand your points, but I respectfully disagree. I've been at this forum thing for a while, and if there's one thing I've learned its that nothing destroys a group like ours faster than (1) discussions of politics, (2) religion, and (3) a rumor mill gone wild. Sometimes we the members just need to take a machete, cut the tape worms out and slap 'em on the table for the world to see. They ain't pretty to look at, but they sure do shrivel up and dry out when exposed to the sunlight.

Case in point? Rather than responding to PMs with more hearsay and therefore perpetuating the problem, I already have two posts to link someone too; Tizzle's about his Deavers and how they've stepped way up, and RPG's and their pledge.

There were probably a dozen different ways that this dark underbelly could have been handled. I'm not saying mine is the best. But as an FRF member who is hearing all this stuff, I know I'd like to see a thread like this where the drama is exposed, everything is said, and maybe its even been resolved.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's off roading and things do break. What it really boils down to is how the vendor stands behind their product.

I can speak from first hand experience:

boweddeavers.jpg

Deaver is a stand up company and Jeff is a very fair guy. He, without any hesitation swapped my springs out...no questions asked. I've beat on my new +2" springs harder than I had the original +1's and these new springs have stood up to everything I've thrown at them.

I only wanted to post this up because this is a great example of how a perceived problem can be remedied and does in fact tell the true character of a company.

A companies reputation isn't always based on a product never failing but how the company handles that rare problem for the consumer.

I would highly recommend Deaver to anyone that is looking for springs.

I'm sure National makes a quality product as well. No bias here... :waytogo:

There ya go... I'll agree to this post 100 percent. Jeff took my Deaver Springs off and put my stock springs back on. I sacked out the +2 Deavers in just one month of shock testing on my new SCREW. Jeff and my very good friend Tom have been working hand in hand crawling under my Raptor at Deaver, cycling the suspension trying to get the most travel they can with what they have to work with keeping in mind that if the springs travel too far they will in time fail. Jeff is coming up with a whole new design and he is using my truck to moc them up when they come in next week. Great Job "Raptizzle" giving credit to a great guy in this industry... DEAVER DOES CARE !!!

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Need the expert!!! mictouch where are you...

I'm here, but I'm taking off to head to Barstow again this morning. I have to run... I'll get back to this later. Have a great Friday and YES, I have a lot to say... BTW BigJ you're right FOX has the patented on the Internal Bypass Shock. Even though we used them on The PPI Toyota 015 truck, Robby Gordon made his own design years ago as well as Buckshot Racing. Those are the ones I have seen personally - Wonder why Robby used them... They might work... Hummm

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just my .02-----yes it is important that a company stand behind ones products! That being said I DO NOT WANT a product that has a history of failures period. That is one reason i went with the National Springs over the others.

For me to avoid the failure correction process is very important.....