Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only there were a simple solution for these crimes and many, many more...
Actually there is, every cop will ask where is the video. From that they did find the truck that was so stupid as to turn around in my driveway and then dump his crap 100 yards down the road.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know right. The best thing I have found to do was move to an area with low crime. I've been here 2 years and never even heard of something being stolen.

Nah, get in your truck and lock it, activate the alarm. The alarm will go off with you and the keys inside. What happens is when they turn your lock cylinder it tells the truck that everything is good. They can turn that cylinder with channel locks without shaking the truck around. Lock your truck and pull the door handle out. Take a look at the metal lock cylinder sticking out. It has flats on both sides, perfect for gripping with channel locks/pliers. Look how vulnerable it is.

This a design flaw. I'm not saying that I expect them to make the trucks impenetrable, because that's impossible. I'm saying this is a glaring design flaw.

Can i just fill it with super glue? Keep a key out that way? Or can they just grip the outside and turn.

Like what ice does.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know right. The best thing I have found to do was move to an area with low crime. I've been here 2 years and never even heard of something being stolen.

Moving away is a temporary solution... basically retreating, giving up land. But given enough time it will catch up with you or your children and grandchildren later.

We need a more permanent and effective solution.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If only...well for now I just want to know my wife can go to town and run errands and shop or whatever and be safe, and I can go ride my UTV or go for a hike without my stuff getting stolen. That's not the only reason I moved here but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing is they don't have to look for the key, since it's a proximity key you just hit the start button and if it lights up, you know you just got a free truck. Since they left the key in the owners manual holder, it was close enough to just start the truck. I didn't watch the actual video but the hotel manager said they were inside the truck in like 5 seconds with a screwdriver. This seems plausible based on other instances I've read about. At that rate they could cruise the many hotel parking lots hitting a lot of Ford trucks in one night. Only a matter of time before one has a key in it.
With the fob in the truck, they wouldn't even need a screwdriver. Just grabbing the handle would open it and alert the thief the truck is ready to roll.

BudTX

Reaction score
Same at the hotel.
That's what I am thinking. The hotels along IH-10 in San Antonio have an amazing knack for getting vehicles broken into/stolen. There are heavily attended major shotgun competitions there each year that draw competitors from across the country. It is well known that if you stay in a hotel, expect your truck to get broken into, especially if your hotel reservation was made with the discount afforded to competitors at the events. A lot of shooters have figured that out and stay at VRBO properties instead.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My biz partner bought an '18 King Ranch 250 and managed to lock the keys inside the truck the 2nd day he had it. None of the app stuff or keypad was set up, 2nd fob was at home. We could see the key/fob sitting in the center console. He has USAA insurance, they sent the pop-a-lock guy out, it took him 45 minutes to open it up, he had to watch online vids to figure it out, for whatever that's worth.

I think you just got the short straw that night. I hope you get all the money back on the 1st one.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I am thinking. The hotels along IH-10 in San Antonio have an amazing knack for getting vehicles broken into/stolen. There are heavily attended major shotgun competitions there each year that draw competitors from across the country. It is well known that if you stay in a hotel, expect your truck to get broken into, especially if your hotel reservation was made with the discount afforded to competitors at the events. A lot of shooters have figured that out and stay at VRBO properties instead.
My car was broken into not far from where the OP's truck was stolen, a little ways toward six flags. I caught the ****** with a screwdriver in the sunroof; looked like a little gang banger. Police were not called; looked like he pissed his pants as he ran to his bros in the getaway car. Mine car breakin was probably unrelated to the modern truck thieves, but sounds like it's an ongoing issue in that area.

That said, I didn't say it, @FrodoTBaggins88, that experience sucks royally, hope you enjoy your raptor going forward.