Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the link. jimmi jammer is specifically designed to protect the internal door lock hardware against screwdriver intrusion and manipulation of the lock components to gain entry. From their page on "what is a jimmi jammer":

A custom formed steel plate that bolts to the backside of your door handle, preventing thieves from prying into the handle seam or punching the lock cylinder into the door.

Cool, I'll check it out!

:happy107:

Mahalo!

HT

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that recommendation. Jimmijammer is a great way to stop Slimjims that pros and tow truck drivers use. Slimjim looks like a hacksaw blade with a slot in it at the end that grabs the door look rod after slipping it between the glass and door weatherstrip. I don't think it will stop the brute force screwdriver and channel locks door lock cylinder forced entry.

Yeah the jimmi jammer looks useful but it won't stop the method they used to get my truck. The only thing that will stop that is having the lock cylinder completely removed. Some people replace their driver door handle with a rear door handle, eliminating the key hole altogether. Then again a determined thief will just end up doing more damage trying to get in if they really want to. The best defense is living somewhere where theft is not a problem, short of that all you can do is hope it doesn't happen to you.

Of course you can make it a little harder on them but if they want it, they will take it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well apparently not because as far as I know I had this installed. I was definitely charged for it. I was told it was a mandatory add-on and I couldn't have it taken off even if I wanted to. Which I know is BS, but it was relatively inexpensive so I let them charge me for it.

Now whether they actually installed it or not is another question, I never physically saw it.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no, it wouldn't work unless they smashed the window.

OP, in the video did the alarm go off at all? the regular alarm should have went off when they opened the door. i just tested my truck and left the keys in the center console, locked with the other key and tried to open the door but it was still locked.

Last edited:

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive reply man, it helps.

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites Medical Center right of I-10. I bought the first truck from Big Star Ford in Manvel, TX (greater Houston) and the second truck was from Red McCombs Ford in San Antonio. I do not recommend Big Star Ford. Red McCombs was a bit better, neither were what I would call a great experience. At Red McCombs the finance manager himself had his F-250 stolen just a couple months ago, same situation as mine with the screwdriver trick. Both of my sales guys said they had their lock cylinders removed by the dealership after having prior vehicles stolen. To boot, a random sales guy walking by overheard our conversation and told me they stole all the wheels and tires off his car in broad daylight from the employee parking AT the dealership. So 4 for 4 with people having their stuff stolen or broken into.

If only there were a simple solution for these crimes and many, many more...

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only there were a simple solution for these crimes and many, many more...

I know right. The best thing I have found to do was move to an area with low crime. I've been here 2 years and never even heard of something being stolen.
I am thinking the keys in the truck kept the ford security system from honking the horn.

Nah, get in your truck and lock it, activate the alarm. The alarm will go off with you and the keys inside. What happens is when they turn your lock cylinder it tells the truck that everything is good. They can turn that cylinder with channel locks without shaking the truck around. Lock your truck and pull the door handle out. Take a look at the metal lock cylinder sticking out. It has flats on both sides, perfect for gripping with channel locks/pliers. Look how vulnerable it is.

This a design flaw. I'm not saying that I expect them to make the trucks impenetrable, because that's impossible. I'm saying this is a glaring design flaw.