Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we need a thread where we ask all new owners if the ford dealer set up their ford pass before they left the lot.

Then if we get a NO, ask the new owner to set it up, ASAP, AND give the dealer a bad review.

After many bad reviews, the ford dealers will see the light, or bad reviews hitting their bottom line.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My condolences!!!!! I hope your insurance company covers everything. I also hope that dealer gives you one at invoice. They still make money from the hold back when selling at invoice.

BudTX

Reaction score
Dang. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

I used to live in San Antonio, and there are a lot of really ****** areas in and around many of the hotels. You have to really know where to stay to try to keep your stuff protected. Where in San Antonio is this hotel?

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, absolutely sucks and I feel for you.

I live and work in SA area and have had an F-150 Platinum, now on my 2nd Raptor- an’18 and now a ‘19. Not to Jinx myself but I have not had any stolen or attempts as far as I know. Curious where did you stay? What ford dealer did you buy from in Houston and in SA? I will help spread the word.

My dealer ensured the App was set up before I Drove off the lot here in SA.

To help you feel more bonded with your new Raptor: 1. The carbon fiber option is great, looks fantastic, and wears much better than the leather on your original shift stick. I wouldn’t get one without now. 2. You now have less miles then your original! [emoji2]. Must have been meant to be.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thing is they don't have to look for the key, since it's a proximity key you just hit the start button and if it lights up, you know you just got a free truck. Since they left the key in the owners manual holder, it was close enough to just start the truck. I didn't watch the actual video but the hotel manager said they were inside the truck in like 5 seconds with a screwdriver. This seems plausible based on other instances I've read about. At that rate they could cruise the many hotel parking lots hitting a lot of Ford trucks in one night. Only a matter of time before one has a key in it.

True!

When I remotely start the truck, my wife usually heads out before me and lately I’ve noticed I was getting into the truck with the radio on, etc. I gave her a key on the “just in case” premise. She constantly feigns ignorance about all the tech, but she knows I have to hit the start button to get the heated seats :)

did you have a temporary tag on the truck and I wonder if that played into your vehicle’s selection for Raptor Privilege Redistribution?

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

I used to live in San Antonio, and there are a lot of really ****** areas in and around many of the hotels. You have to really know where to stay to try to keep your stuff protected. Where in San Antonio is this hotel?

Hey man, the hotel is Country Inn & Suites Medical Center, right off I-10. I grew up in downtown Atlanta so I'm no stranger to the city life but this area didn't strike me as a bad spot. The hotel was clean, there were other expensive cars in the lot with mine. I just didn't really get any bad vibes there.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have your ford pass app activated? This tells truck location

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, absolutely sucks and I feel for you.

I live and work in SA area and have had an F-150 Platinum, now on my 2nd Raptor- an’18 and now a ‘19. Not to Jinx myself but I have not had any stolen or attempts as far as I know. Curious where did you stay? What ford dealer did you buy from in Houston and in SA? I will help spread the word.

My dealer ensured the App was set up before I Drove off the lot here in SA.

To help you feel more bonded with your new Raptor: 1. The carbon fiber option is great, looks fantastic, and wears much better than the leather on your original shift stick. I wouldn’t get one without now. 2. You now have less miles then your original! [emoji2]. Must have been meant to be.

Thanks for the positive reply man, it helps.

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites Medical Center right of I-10. I bought the first truck from Big Star Ford in Manvel, TX (greater Houston) and the second truck was from Red McCombs Ford in San Antonio. I do not recommend Big Star Ford. Red McCombs was a bit better, neither were what I would call a great experience. At Red McCombs the finance manager himself had his F-250 stolen just a couple months ago, same situation as mine with the screwdriver trick. Both of my sales guys said they had their lock cylinders removed by the dealership after having prior vehicles stolen. To boot, a random sales guy walking by overheard our conversation and told me they stole all the wheels and tires off his car in broad daylight from the employee parking AT the dealership. So 4 for 4 with people having their stuff stolen or broken into.