Brake Pedals mushy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vsayler

Reaction score
on about 5 or 6 occasions my brake pedals have felt very strange, went down further than normal, felt funny "vibrations" through the pedal and I was concerned about stopping power. This has always been at idle speeds.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Van Sayler
Gen 2 Raptor 2017

OP
OP
V

vsayler

Reaction score
Not much, but if you are right next to another car..... you really want it to stop.

This morning, early, cold, it was this same way for about 10 brake pushes before it finally cleared up. Almost like air in the line?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After about 12k miles, the brakes dont feel as bad as before...

OP
OP
V

vsayler

Reaction score
So I guess the idle speed comment makes me point out that this is something that is associated with just starting up and leaving in the car and it resolves itself after a short period of time.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
The ecoboost has a different braking system than the f150s with other engines, right? Isn't it operated by a vacuum pump or a mechanical pump?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah maybe I have gotten use to it, but its also possible that the pads and rotors are finally bedded.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, its a big ass truck with smallish brakes, so it wont out stop most cars. Point is, when I first got the truck, it felt pretty terrible, lots of dead pedal without much engagement, but it seems less so now.