GEN 2 bov block off plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@xrocket21 You can place a block off plate, which is the same as removing it entirely... it is possible. My question is whether someone tried it.

Man, Im really not following you at all. You can either remove the hose entirely and block it off at the intake manifold, or just unhook the hose and plug the hose. Both ways the BOV is still there. Both way accomplish the same thing.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/S...MI5YbTt87M5wIVk5OzCh3bHQu9EAQYAiABEgJuiPD_BwE

OP
OP
S

S778

Reaction score
Man, Im really not following you at all. You can either remove the hose entirely and block it off at the intake manifold, or just unhook the hose and plug the hose. Both ways the BOV is still there. Both way accomplish the same thing.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/S...MI5YbTt87M5wIVk5OzCh3bHQu9EAQYAiABEgJuiPD_BwE

its a small piece of metal to block the air from going to the BOV, you can mount the BOV on top of it or remove it entirely (doesn't matter). Something like this

images.jpg

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its a small piece of metal to block the air from going to the BOV, you can mount the BOV on top of it or remove it entirely (doesn't matter). Something like this

View attachment 137586

So you are removing the BOV? That doesnt make sense.

In a turbo vehicle, under load, the throttle plate is open and the turbos pressurize the intake tract. If you let off, the turbos dont instantly stop spinning, nor would you want them to, instead the BOV opens and vents the pressure when the throttle plate closes, under load again the bov shuts and the system re-pressurizes as the throttle plate opens.

Without a BOV you will have pressure spikes in the intake tract, and you will have reverse flow through the turbo which cause damage.

Why would you want to do this?

OP
OP
S

S778

Reaction score
So you are removing the BOV? That doesnt make sense.

In a turbo vehicle, under load, the throttle plate is open and the turbos pressurize the intake tract. If you let off, the turbos dont instantly stop spinning, nor would you want them to, instead the BOV opens and vents the pressure when the throttle plate closes, under load again the bov shuts and the system re-pressurizes as the throttle plate opens.

Without a BOV you will have pressure spikes in the intake tract, and you will have reverse flow through the turbo which cause damage.

Why would you want to do this?

A lot of turbo vehicles are running without a BOV, if u can watch the 2 videos I posted earlier, everything will clear out. The reason for doing this is flutter sound. Let me know if the videos are not working, I can try to PM

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of turbo vehicles are running without a BOV, if u can watch the 2 videos I posted earlier, everything will clear out. The reason for doing this is flutter sound. Let me know if the videos are not working, I can try to PM

Again, this is something you don't want to do. The flutter sound is compressor surge and this kills the turbo. Im serious.

The only place it is applicable is in a race car where WOT to off throttle are short spurts, and damage is acceptable in exchange for top performance, like a rally car or something.