Border Patrol Raptor Spotted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
military different story!! they might need to high tail out of a situation!! i can respect that! but some boarder patrol??? i dont think any mexicans can out run a jeep wrangler or a normal f 150

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

There's some terrain that a jeep will not get through and that will tear up a regular vehicle. I very much doubt that you have ever toured our area of operations. It's not all sand dunes and beaches.

tell me would you cross your $48-$52k truck through a river that deep and swift?? no!! but if you had a free one to tear up and not have to pay for the damage you sure would!!

The dry Creek beds fill up pretty quickly in the desert, it was probably dry or very low when he started and quickly rose to the point where he had to abandon the vehicle.

its just a bunch of high school drop outs that could never afford one on there own so the use the tax paying mans/womens!!

Far from true. We have gotten a lot of college graduates that couldn't find jobs so they decided to go where the jobs are at and normally the college graduates are the ones that get in the most trouble because they never had a real job until the patrol picked them up. So far as not being able to afford one, that's just ignorance. You wouldn't believe what an agent can afford.

Educate yourself before you start throwing mud.
---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Classy.... You just showed your true colors ******....

Your contempt for those who protect you is despicable. What qualifies you to be so high and mighty? Also how do you know what CBP needs and does not need?

You Sir, thanks for your support. You and people like you are what we protect.

Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
military different story!! they might need to high tail out of a situation!! i can respect that! but some boarder patrol??? i dont think any mexicans can out run a jeep wrangler or a normal f 150

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

tell me would you cross your $48-$52k truck through a river that deep and swift?? no!! but if you had a free one to tear up and not have to pay for the damage you sure would!!

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

its just a bunch of high school drop outs that could never afford one on there own so the use the tax paying mans/womens!!

My brother is BP at the Tecate crossing. He makes good money, relatively speaking. I thank him every time I see him for what he does. One of the worst crossings in the country from what I hear (minus Tijuana).

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow I don't even know where to start..... you clearly have no idea what you're talking about... you've obviously never seen some of the decked-out desert trucks that Cartels have down here.
But according to you heavily armed, wealthy drug-funded smugglers who know those deserts like the back of their hand can't outrun anything because they're just "Mexicans"

Secondly, I resent your comments about people in the Border Patrol being stupid... I have friends in BoPo who I'm willing to bet are smarter and more brave than you... and one of them has taken a bullet on the job protecting this country's border... but you probably think that's something to joke about too.

As you can probably tell you've succeeded at really pissing me off, congratulations.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow I don't even know where to start..... you clearly have no idea what you're talking about... you've obviously never seen some of the decked-out desert trucks that Cartels have down here.
But according to you heavily armed, wealthy drug-funded smugglers who know those deserts like the back of their hand can't outrun anything because they're just "Mexicans"

Secondly, I resent your comments about people in the Border Patrol being stupid... I have friends in BoPo who I'm willing to bet are smarter and more brave than you... and one of them has taken a bullet on the job protecting this country's border... but you probably think that's something to joke about too.

As you can probably tell you've succeeded at really pissing me off, congratulations.

And that is something difficult to do.. You are among a select "special" few!

-Greg

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hey bo, I smell a :ban: for him being a troll! :adminpower:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong guys but, I think BP Raptors are the only ones with cloth seats. Seems like they have everything else our trucks have though. I spotted one about 80 miles off the Texas/Mexico border near Junction back in December. Here's the image I snapped from the road.
2012-12-15_14-23-38_915.jpg

Anyone know what brush guard that is.

Bo, good job on the restraint, if you ban every idiot on FRF this place might get boring, lol...

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A few things...
This, if you ain't military you ain't shit attitude is ********. The comment about "mexicans" equally stupid and highly offensive. Furthermore, it sounds as if you've never been anywhere near the US Mexico border, know nothing of the topology of land at any given point, and haven't the foggiest clue about the Border Patrol's job.

Would I run my truck through a river? No...neither would most agents even with a "company" truck. I know for a fact that agents have had to pay for damages they've inflicted on equipment through their own negligence. Even if they didn't pay for it directly, earning a 30+ day suspension without pay tends to make a pretty serious dent in the average agent's lifestyle. So even if you aren't coughing up $60,000 to replace a truck, the prospect of losing a month or more in living expenses or worse, having to find a whole new job, tends to iron out the stupid out of most people pretty quick.

On the cost ot tax payers, Raptors simply aren't that bad a deal. Keep in mind that for decades, Border Patrol bought Chevy K5 Blazers, Ford Broncos, Ram Chargers and full-size pickups. As is the case with most LE agencies, by the time you're done sticking lights, sirens, radios, computers, gun racks, and other equipment in them, you've increased the cost of buying a vehicle significantly. But Border Patrol, because of the terrain they have to cover, typically had to do all of that and then turn around and spend additional money on lift-kits and tires for these trucks. Raptors are already "built" in that regard so all you have to do is add the normal police stuff. If you factor in what is likely to be a somewhat significant "fleet buyer" discount, Ford's Raptor is actually comparable in cost because there's a bunch of aftermarket vehicle prep that doesn't have to be done for use off road.

Border Patrol is not a bunch of HS dropouts. As a matter of fact, the hiring process of most LE agencies has become so competitive that those lacking military experience or a college degree need not apply in many cases, especially at the federal level. The days of signing up with a law enforcement agency and getting hired on just because you can read and type are long gone. There's way more to the job than donuts and guns, junior and you'd do well to pay those men and women the respect they are due because your posts suggest you wouldn't make it past the interview process, let alone, survive the academy and probation.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few things...
This, if you ain't military you ain't shit attitude is ********. The comment about "mexicans" equally stupid and highly offensive. Furthermore, it sounds as if you've never been anywhere near the US Mexico border, know nothing of the topology of land at any given point, and haven't the foggiest clue about the Border Patrol's job.

Would I run my truck through a river? No...neither would most agents even with a "company" truck. I know for a fact that agents have had to pay for damages they've inflicted on equipment through their own negligence. Even if they didn't pay for it directly, earning a 30+ day suspension without pay tends to make a pretty serious dent in the average agent's lifestyle. So even if you aren't coughing up $60,000 to replace a truck, the prospect of losing a month or more in living expenses or worse, having to find a whole new job, tends to iron out the stupid out of most people pretty quick.

On the cost ot tax payers, Raptors simply aren't that bad a deal. Keep in mind that for decades, Border Patrol bought Chevy K5 Blazers, Ford Broncos, Ram Chargers and full-size pickups. As is the case with most LE agencies, by the time you're done sticking lights, sirens, radios, computers, gun racks, and other equipment in them, you've increased the cost of buying a vehicle significantly. But Border Patrol, because of the terrain they have to cover, typically had to do all of that and then turn around and spend additional money on lift-kits and tires for these trucks. Raptors are already "built" in that regard so all you have to do is add the normal police stuff. If you factor in what is likely to be a somewhat significant "fleet buyer" discount, Ford's Raptor is actually comparable in cost because there's a bunch of aftermarket vehicle prep that doesn't have to be done for use off road.

Border Patrol is not a bunch of HS dropouts. As a matter of fact, the hiring process of most LE agencies has become so competitive that those lacking military experience or a college degree need not apply in many cases, especially at the federal level. The days of signing up with a law enforcement agency and getting hired on just because you can read and type are long gone. There's way more to the job than donuts and guns, junior and you'd do well to pay those men and women the respect they are due because your posts suggest you wouldn't make it past the interview process, let alone, survive the academy and probation.

Very very very well stated. THAT is how I should've handled my response.

drtexas72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things...

Well spoken and enough said. I am sure glad to see so much support for us and the job we CHOOSE TO DO knowing full well that there may be a day we don't come home at night ever again. I am truly grateful to have supporters like you all in the forum.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Anyone know what brush guard that is.

Bo, good job on the restraint, if you ban every idiot on FRF this place might get boring, lol...

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

It is made by KAMFAB and I don't know if they make them for anyone else aside for the Government. I have looked on their site and it doesn't show the Raptor grill. They only display the Tahoe grill. I was tempted to call them up and find out if they would sell it to anyone other than the Government.