Best Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Battle Born

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Antenna X

I have an Antenna X from Amazon in my room full of unused Mods 12" or 14" I don't know, that I was told worked very well, I don't get my truck for a while, so I can't say for sure

Bigdog44SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've personally had really good luck with the Stubby. No issues at all. Am is great and Fm no issue. One thing I can say for sure is the look of it is spot on for me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 238

Bigdog44SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD radio works great. Maybe because I am in and around town most all the time I have solid signal. No complaints to date.

Desmo_Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Antenna X from Amazon in my room full of unused Mods 12" or 14" I don't know, that I was told worked very well, I don't get my truck for a while, so I can't say for sure

I have the 13" Antenna X. Have not seen any noticeable reduction in reception. I also have one on my '96 F150. Great product.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a "carbon fiber" stubby one I bought on EBAY and the glue holding it together failed within a couple of months. When it fell apart you could see that it was just a threaded aluminum base, a hollow carbon fiber tube, and an aluminum tip. Basically a 1" antenna.

I replaced it with a Stubby and I am perfectly happy in the Phoenix area with HD radio and also when offroading in the area. If I take a road trip I typically use my iPhone and iTunes or sat radio. I did keep the stock antenna and for a road trip it would take 30 seconds to swap.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the key to the antenna reception is where you primarily use it. I have CravenSpeed Stubby and haven't noticed any loss in reception, but I live in the suburbs of a major metropolitan area and this is where I typically drive my truck. I notice that on road trips that I'll loose my primary FM stations earlier than I did with the stock antenna, but that would eventually happen anyways, so I just switch to Sirius or MP3 earlier.