Best Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people are having trouble with crappy FM reception with the Cravenspeed Stubby and I was wondering if anyone else had better results with another stubby antenna. I can't deal with the bullwhip every time I go into/come out of my garages at home and at work. I'm afraid it's gonna swing back and crack my windshield.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of people recommend the euro style. I believe it's 14" and most report no reception loss. My craven speed stubby only lacks reception with HD radio. It'll go in and out which is annoying so I just switched HD radio off. Not a big deal since I primarily utilize my phone for music

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of people recommend the euro style. I believe it's 14" and most report no reception loss. My craven speed stubby only lacks reception with HD radio. It'll go in and out which is annoying so I just switched HD radio off. Not a big deal since I primarily utilize my phone for music

Yeah...but HD Radio is awesome. I used to hate the radio because of the lack of quality. But HD radio has that good SQ that I actually kinda like the radio now. I still use my iPod most of the time though.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, there is definitely a huge difference in quality between the HD radio and normal. Weighing the options I would probably still stick with the craven but that's for my situation. Personally looks better, don't utilize radio as much, and it mitigates the factory antenna from hitting my garage door.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah...I might go with a shorter option like a 13" antenna. The stubby looks great...but what's the point if I'm displeased with the reception?

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the 13" Euro from amazon also. No complaints about the reception. On hot days (90+) it gets a bit pliable and tends to bend back while at high speed, but it always straightens itself back out.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My craven stubby works great. I've never had any reception issues except for the usual middle of nowhere where nothing works except Sirius.

SVT Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you wanna borrow mine till my truck comes in, you are welcome to it. just sittin on a shelf...lol

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kris, do you have a CravenSpeed Stubby? If so, I'd like to test out the reception and see if it's as bad for me as they say it is. If it's not too and works for me, I'll just buy you a new one.