Best Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. want me to mail it or do you wanna come down to my chilis for dinner tonight and I can bring it up?

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah. want me to mail it or do you wanna come down to my chilis for dinner tonight and I can bring it up?

I can't make it tonight. I have a draft set up for my Fantasy League at 8pm. But I'll text you later today and we'll figure out a time. I'm driving out to Canyon Lake this weekend...so I think that will be a good test of how far out it will pick up radio stations. Thanks, man!

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm in meetings tomorrow, and off friday. just have some evals to do. lemme know.

Alright. I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow during work and I'm off Friday as well. Worst case, I could pick it up Friday morning. But maybe tomorrow after work/your meetings. We'll figure it out.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could always cut down the stock antenna. Remove the ball on the top, cut it down to desired length, and then reinstall the ball with some superglue or something. Stock look, reduced height, no worry about whipping into the windshield and causing damage.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could always cut down the stock antenna. Remove the ball on the top, cut it down to desired length, and then reinstall the ball with some superglue or something. Stock look, reduced height, no worry about whipping into the windshield and causing damage.

That's my plan if the stubby sucks.

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people recommend the euro style. I believe it's 14" and most report no reception loss. My craven speed stubby only lacks reception with HD radio. It'll go in and out which is annoying so I just switched HD radio off. Not a big deal since I primarily utilize my phone for music

I first bought the stubby and I had really bad static. I returned it and bought the euro antenna. Freakin love it. Looks great, zero static.

OilPatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bringing this thread back from the dead, but I'm curious if there are any new options for us? I personally don't dig the look of a bullet for an antenna. I listen to my iPod or sirius 99% of the time, so the reception wouldn't be a deal breaker, but that being said I'd prefer something that works as good as OEM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter